I purchased a Pearl 8100 in Craigslist. I has worked prefectly fine for about 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mmaiaa no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl not working (Screen shows hourglass and goes blank and led blinks)

Advertisement

I purchased a Pearl 8100 in Craigslist. I has worked prefectly fine for about 2 months now. Suddenly this morning when I took it out of the holster the screen is dead. (i am pretty sure the phone was not dropped or was exposed to moisture)

I tried to charge the phone but I see:

Step-1: First, the screen is on and shows a busy sign (as happens when it is loading an application) for one minute or so and then stops.

Step-2: Then LED light is on for a min. and then stops. And goes to step-1

This just keeps happening as long as the phone is being charged. I tried to take the battery out and charge the phone without the battery (i read that somewhere in on of the threads) but that did not help either.

When I connect it to my PC via USB, it recognizes the phone for a while and again says cannot be recognized (and the led is blinking this time) and just like charging....it alternates between the two. I do not get far enough to re-install the OS.

Any help Please ?
    Last edited by mmaiaa; 03-18-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: first time posting the thread...i am not sure how to !

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

bukzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    My 8320 did that and some good folks on this board
    said to delete photos or apps.

This reduced the total memory used and worked perfectly!

mmaiaa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks wxboss, i will try going through that and see if it works...

bukzin, I have removed the microSD card tried but still it's the same, and i don't have any pictures saved on the device, but i will look at that too... thanks.