One of the things that I really liked about the Pearl was the fact that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RonC no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl not so 'smart' any more

Advertisement

One of the things that I really liked about the Pearl was the fact that I could just type a name from my phonebook from the today page, and it would figure out which one I wanted and bring it up on the display (using SureType matching presumably). In the last day I've noticed that this isn't working any more. Now typing keys just selects the first assigned letter for that key.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron.

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96

Re: Pearl not so 'smart' any more

Suretype has some how been disabled re-enable it easiest in Browser

Browser>Menu>Enable Suretype

You should also be noticing an ABC in the top right corner all the time if suretype is off...

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Sounds like you have Multitap enabled. Compose a new email, then click the BB button and select "Enable SureType" That should do it.

I don't see an 'Enable SureType' option in my browser menu. When I compose a new memopad entry SureType is working, so I don't think that's the problem. Might it be that my address book somehow was lost from the list of words that it recognises?

Also, when composing an Email, the menu contains the 'Enable Multitap' option rather than 'Enable SureType'.

Question Re: Pearl not so 'smart' any more

Is it possible that the memory cleaner app. wiped the records - making my address book cache invisible to SureType?

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by RonC
    Also, when composing an Email, the menu contains the 'Enable Multitap' option rather than 'Enable SureType'.
    That means you’re in Suretype. Once you click “Enable Multi-Tap,” the menu will then display “Enable Suretype.”

I'm pretty sure that SureType is working. So why can't I browse my address book any more?

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Here's the solution. Just go to any text message and do a simple reply. From there, hit the menu key and select Enable SureType. Exit and it will work. You can't find this in the Browser menu.

I've already tried that. In fact, my last message was from my Pearl using SureType. I don't think that this is a SureType issue - I suspect that the names in my address book somehow got wiped from the custom wordlist.

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Try going into your Options/SMS Text options and make sure 'Disable AutoText' is set to No. Perhaps a fresh/new copy of all your contacts to the address book again? Not sure if it has anything to do with the custom wordlist. Any luck?

Thumbs up Re: Pearl not so 'smart' any more

Quote Originally Posted by schmunger
    Try going into your Options/SMS Text options and make sure 'Disable AutoText' is set to No. Perhaps a fresh/new copy of all your contacts to the address book again? Not sure if it has anything to do with the custom wordlist. Any luck?
    I did a refresh of my address book via the DeskTop manager and a battery pull and its working again Thanks for your input on this one.