I know that everyone says there problem is different but... So Sat. night I set ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

staceyd88 no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl not responsive, white screen w/ hourglass

Advertisement

I know that everyone says there problem is different but...
    So Sat. night I set the alarm on my phone and turned it off, Sun. morning I woke up before the alarm and tried to turn the phone on... that didn't work, I also tried the mute button and such... so I decided to wait and see if the alarm would turn it on... obviously it didn't. I finally pulled the battery out and put it back in... and when nothing happened I plugged the phone in... I got the blinking red light, then a white screen with the little hour glass logo in the middle... and that's it... since Sunday morning...
    um... I tried pulling the battery out when the phone was plugged in and the 'no battery icon' came on and I even messed with the SIM card... nothing makes a different...

now the phone is staying on constantly unless the battery is out... and it still turns right back on once the battery is back in... I've contacted T-mobile, but they haven't answered me yet... thanks for any help anyone can give me!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: pearl not responsive, white screen w/ hourglass

Just to make sure...

So all it's doing is like it's booting up with a spinning hour glass? So it never actually boots?

Does your desktop manager recognize it?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

like red said if DM recongnize it you might want to try to do a backup of your stuff then reload your OS again. If DM doesnt recongnize it then try taking the battery out and leave it out and try connecting to DM again and see if that helps

staceyd88 no está en línea Stack level 1

I finally got it... at first my DM wouldn't recognize it, and I went back and forth with the battery thing... it kept having errors, and getting part way through updating and such... I finally uninstalled and reinstalled , then I went to the t-mobile site to see if there was anything I had missed and stuff started popping up... on the phone and my computer... idk what all was happening, but whatever it was worked... my phone is ok now... except that all my stuff got deleted... but I can deal with that. Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

cool stacey as long as you're up and running again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.