Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, look at that and if it shows Line 2, go into the call log ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

Yeah, look at that and if it shows Line 2, go into the call log options and change it to Line 1 and that will solve your problem. Versions prior to 4.5 allowed for a line 1, line 2 option and that sometimes gets switched, even without a BB user doing anything to change it. You could also upgrade the device to 4.5 if he isn't already using it and that would eliminate that issue if you find out if is the line problem.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Already on OS 4.5 actually, didn't see line 1/2 option at all. Anything else I can try??

The IT guys and I are pretty much to the point now we think it's a typical overseas purchase- the guy in the shop tells you it'll work in whatever country you're taking it back to, but really has no clue... lol!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

vzanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    happened to me once and the T-Mobile rep re-registered me on the BB network then it worked after a battery pull.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hi Vzanda, thanx for that, I've tried that with my Boss's carrier (Telstra) and did the Batt pull as well.... no dice.

EDIT: Latest Experiment.... Deleted all Service books like Kalebsdad suggested, put my Optus SIM in the Device, did the change device bit on my Carrier's BIS portal, and tried to register from HRT. Still only getting gprs on the status indicator vice GPRS, but we'll see if that changes when I exit the building for lunch or when I go Home (I'll risk taking the device home this time..... lol!)

Service Book list is as follows just from putting the SIM in:
    Optus Zoo [Browser Configuration]
    Optus MMS [WAP]
    Optus Zoo [WAP]
    WAP Push Config [WAPP......
    Last edited by ted; 04-26-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Adding update to progress
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    A quick Question actually (sorta kinda still on topic) if I TOTALLY wipe the device with JL CMDR, do I need the original Carrier's OS to get it back up and running again??

I wiped my Bold when I had it and the only way I got it to work again was loading my Carrier's ORIGINAL OS on it (literally the one that it came out of the box with, not even an updated one from the Optus website).

Can anyone confirm that is the only way to reload the OS?? Thanx!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You shouldn't need your carrier's OS. You do need an OS that is similar to your carrier, i.e., a GPRS OS and not a CDMA carrier's OS, which I'm sure you knew but unless someone corrects me, I see no reason you would need the original OS after a wipe.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Cool, still a bit worried about trying it with this device though... lol! Is there a way to check if the Carrier's OS is GPRS or CDMA?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Just make sure you download the 8110 or 8120 version of any other carrier. The device name is the differentiation between GPRS & CDMA so just download the same model of OS from any other carrier and then delete the vendor.xml file before you hook the device to the DM.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    OK Cool, Thanx for that, now just to cover my backside completely though, if I DL 8110/8120- it won't matter that the device is a plain ol' 8100?

Thanx again Kalebsdad!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can find the latest version of any OS you need HERE

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanx :-D

ashabees no está en línea Themes Pro
    HEy my sis had this same problem & she had the exact same phone, except it was with at&t. She had to call at&t and get the blackberry internet she tried doing it online but it wouldn't work for her. She called they set her up. It still didn't have that registration text so we followed these instructions on this website.....
    http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/f...s-network.html
    Pretty soon her stuff was up and running she even got like 4 or 5 different icons that weren't there before. Good Luck!

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmmm.... dunno... we never managed to get any e-mail untill EDGE showed on display...
    All carriers/providers here agree that "No EDGE means no BB service".
    However, I have experience only with BES...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yeah no EDGE or GPRS pretty much means no BB Coverage, so I got his Wife to return the Pearl to the guy they bought it off of in Hong Kong (or some other country to quote her...lol!). I seriously suspect that maybe there was an IT policy on there from before because the email setup screen in the Set up Wizard would only give me two options, skip the email set up, and the enterprise option. No BIS email option...... But anyways, Thanks for the suggestion Ashabees! And Founder, maybe you could shed a little light on the rogue IT policy just not showing up in the Service Books list??
    Last edited by ted; 05-07-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Darn Typos!!! LOL!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    if there's an IT policy problem, you can use a little program called Jl_cmder to remove it from any device...
    i see RED...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast