Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi All, My Boss got a new Pearl, now we've done the device swap wizard ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Question Pearl Not receiving Emails

Advertisement

Hi All,

My Boss got a new Pearl, now we've done the device swap wizard using DM (4.6), I've gotten in to his BIS page for his service provider (Telstra) and entered in the new PIN and IMEI on there, and we've sent the service books again twice. No wireless registration message was recieved either time.

we have edge coming up on the signal status and not EDGE, is it just that the device isn't getting a proper signal to send/recieve data??

Please help ASAP if you can, Thanx!

Edit: Also the device won't recieve PIN messages either!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It sounds like either your service provider has not activated the Data Plan correctly or you have a bad connection. Have you done a battery pull? If you have done a battery pull, contact your service provider to ensure two things - They have you on a BIS plan and not a BES, which is a mistake that is sometimes made, and also that your data plan is active on the device.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I had to go into the email setting and change the pin to the new phone to get mine to work once upon a time....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

The old pin has to be the one still registered if you can't get pin messages too. Just go swap to the new one.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    ...I've gotten in to his BIS page for his service provider (Telstra) and entered in the new PIN and IMEI on there, and we've sent the service books again twice.
    It appears that has been done already!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Crap I didn't read that........lol sorry for the wasted post

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the suggestions, yes the BIS page has already been updated via the web (but thanx all the same bmay!) and we're set up on BIS and not BES

I put his SIM in my Pearl and it worked fine, but not in his Device. I've been told the US devices have different Radio set ups? anyone shed anymore light on that one?

It's frustrating as all get out because I'm the most knowledgable in the office and I'm not able to rectify the issue lol!

EDIT: it's currently just bouncing between gprs and edge, but no sign of wireless registration ("your Blackberry has been registered to the wireless network") or GPRS or EDGE connections.
    Last edited by ted; 04-23-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure if this will help or not but have you gone to HRT and registered the device?

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Forgive me my ignorance Moderncowboy, but could you remind me what HRT stands for??

Edit: Host Routing Table..... lol! Soz, brain spaz... lol!

HRT --> Message sent, still only have and edge connection vice EDGE. Wondering still if there's any truth to the "different radio" theory between North American devices versus Asia Pacific??

The plot thickens:
    While the phone functions will work because it is unlocked, the BlackBerry service might not. It will depend on whether the BlackBerry has already been registered with the original USA network.
    If it is registered, the user will have to de-register the BlackBerry PIN from the USA network, so that the PIN is released from the USA network's BlackBerry server.
    Once that is done, the user will then have to go to Optus' BlackBerry Internet portal, and register their BlackBerry PIN with Optus' server.
    Once that is done, then the BlackBerry should work fully with Optus.
    *Note: The user will also have to make sure they are on a BlackBerry plan. As far as I'm aware, this is only available post-paid in Australia.

Just sub out Telstra for Optus I'd imagine. Sorry for the post getting longer because of that though.....
    Last edited by ted; 04-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Forgive me my ignorance Moderncowboy, but could you remind me what HRT stands for??

Edit: Host Routing Table..... lol! Soz, brain spaz... lol!

HRT --> Message sent, still only have and edge connection vice EDGE. Wondering still if there's any truth to the "different radio" theory between North American devices versus Asia Pacific??
    That would be it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am thinking your theory may be right but while we wait for an answer try this. Delete all service books then log back in to the BIS site and resend.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanx moderncowboy I'll give that a bash, the thing is that we don't seem to actually get a data connection at all with the device. So I may find that nothing really changes.

Found out it's from Hong Kong lol!

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Haven't tried deleting the service books as my boss still needed to use the phone function. We think we need Telstra to register the device to their network.

EDIT: Telstra support suggested: Backup, do a full security wipe and then restore and see how we go- Didn't make any difference. Looks like the device is still locked to another overseas network, or some other issue is preventing it from Registering to the wireless network. Tried to register via HRT twice as well, no go.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions guys, if I do manage to fluke this one will make sure I post it up
    Last edited by ted; 04-24-2009 at 03:52 AM.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When you press the green phone once to go to the call log, does it show "Line 1" or "Line 2"?

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hmmmmm.... Didn't try that at all actually. I don't have the device with me but when I'm back in the office on Monday I'll check it out. Thanx kalebsdad!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast