Hey Guys, My boss's Pearl isn't opening attachments anymore. She is running OS 4.2.0.51, we ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Pearl not opening attachments anymore

Advertisement

Hey Guys, My boss's Pearl isn't opening attachments anymore. She is running OS 4.2.0.51, we see the attachment listed as [1 attachment] just below the header, and the footer shows it as winmail.dat and the data size.

The network is Telstra (Australia) and Aussies who know a bit about this issue pls reply ASAP!

No Docs to go on here either, should I look at upgrading the OS to include that?

Thanks in advance!

SOLUTION: (Let me know if the UltraSnap screen shot doesn't show- It may not it looks like)
    Basic overview of fix: Force Exchange 2007 to send emails without Exchange rich-text format

Steps:
    1. Open Exchange management console
    2. Expand Organisation Configuration > Hub Transport
    3. Click Remote Domains tab
    4. Add a new remote domain (I added ‘ap.blackberry.net’ and ticked the Include all subdomains checkbox)
    5. Right click the new domain and click Properties
    6. On the Format of original... tab (see screenshot) select the ‘Never Use’ radio button below Exchange rich-text format
    7. Click OK to close

[IMG]file:///g:/goldmine/mailbox/attach/theodore%20dana/~gmC002.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by ted; 03-26-2009 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Solution Tracked down for the Issue
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Go to 4.5 for sure. That will most likely solve your issue. When installing 4.5 make sure you check of docs to go.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Found out it was actually an issue with Outlook. One of the IT guys and I searched some other forums and found that Outlook 97 and 2000 both have a formatting issue that only allows attachments to go through as winmail.dat files (which of course even a Bold can't open- with Docs to Go Active as far as I could see). He's going to email me the procedure for setting up Outlook pretty soon and I'll edit my original post to share.

Thanx for the feedback pigigi! Unfortunately it wasn't the solution we needed in this case but good thinking!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........