Hey all, For some reason my Pearl has been no end of problems, I guess ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

missmargaux no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl Not Connecting to Computer

Advertisement

Hey all,

For some reason my Pearl has been no end of problems, I guess that's what I get for getting it second hand. My computer won't recognize it. Once I plug it in, the Pearl asks if I want to turn on Mass Storage Mode, which I am clueless about, but then the desktop manager still says there's no device. HOWEVER, the computer itself recognizes that there is a blackberry device plugged in...what the hell.

I could really use some help on this.

Thanks,

m

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Do you have any problems with your Pearl itself, apart for connecting it to your PC?

Do you have up-to-date Desktop Manager and BB Device Manager software?

missmargaux no está en línea Stack level 1
    AS far as other problems, it deletes text messages randomly which I was told recently was due to memory issues so I cleared up the device memory. I get SIM card errors a lot which require a battery pop out to fix it. And sometimes I just don't get text messages. I always get emails, but my text messages just don't come. This is also fixed with a battery pop out, and was even more improved when I reinstalled my OS, but now that it's not connecting to the computer I'm not sure how to reinstall the OS.

I have the Software from the CD, so I'm not sure if there are updates...