My pearl will only charge when I hook it up to my PC. For some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

qksilverf1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl not charging with power adaptor

Advertisement

My pearl will only charge when I hook it up to my PC. For some reason it is not charging when I use the standard power adaptor...

dr4gon no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl not charging with power adaptor

And you tried a differnt power outlet right? That would be my only suggestion, try power cycling the phone (turn it off/on) and taking out and putting back in the battery. Also try charging it on and off, see if it makes a difference.

yeah I tried a different outlet and power cycling the phone. I havent tried charging it off yet though, i will try that next

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Ok let us know how it turns out.

GP

I also does not charge when turned off and plugged into the power adaptor. When i plug it into the USB cable on my computer, the LED lights up green (which im assuming means it is charging) while off

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Mine suddenly has the same problem. I've tried on and off, different outlets, and pulled the battery.

This is a weird problem and I'm thinking I'll be asking for a replacement come Monday.

Anyone else seen and solved this?

midleages does yours charge via USB on a PC???

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

One day mine said that my PC USB port didn't have enough power to charge my pearl. It was weird then it went away. Kinda crazy.

I would reload your OS. Hopefully that will solve it. Other than that I can't think of anything. Good luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

After leaving it plugged in a while I found it is being charged afterall. The charging icon (lightning bolt across battery icon) changed and made me think it wasn't being charged. Also, the screen did not light up when I plugged it in like it used to do. Instead of the old charging icon there is now a tiny two-prong plug that appears extending to the right of the battery icon. I have not updated the OS so it is a mystery as to why the charging icon changed.

Everytime I plug into the USB port I get the message about not enough power to charge by that method. I'll have to try it sometime when the battery is low, leaving it plugged into the PC for a while to see if it is getting a charge in spite of the message.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Here is some info from what I have read as well as seen myself.

If your BB is charging from the USB port but not the wall charger chances are your charger is dead. Upon plugging in to the wall charger you should se an indicator, depending on the model BB you have that it is charging. I bought a brand new battery on eBay and mine did the same thing. The battery was so low, (completly depleted), it took almost half an hour before the phone came to life and the battery began charging. Otherwise i would have to think your wall charger is dead.

I almost ALWAYS get the, 'insufficient power......', message upon using my USB port on my mac. Just hit the escape key on your BB and ignore it. Even though I use a powered USB hub on my desktop I still see the message. Give it about 20 minutes and see if the battery bars are increasing or just unplug it to see if the battery is actually taking a charge.

Another solution I have found, but have not yet tried, is a USB 'Y' cable. These cables have 2 USB conections on one end and just one connection on the end that goes to your BB. What this will do is use the current from both USB ports doubling the current but NOT the voltage, (5 volts) and should solve the problem. Some USB ports do not supply enough current to power certain devices.

Hope that helps.