I am already aware of the limitations of Bluetooth but I was hoping I could ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Narcissus no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl Music Woes

Advertisement

I am already aware of the limitations of Bluetooth but I was hoping I could at least listen to music via a traditional set of headphones. I tried out an adaptor at Radio Shack and the music continued to play through my regular speaker. The clerk plugged it into his phone and it worked. Is there something specific I need to do to the phone? Is there a specific jack I need to purchase. I was hoping to use my bluetooth headphones (Motorola HT820) in a tethered mode at least. Also is there any hope that future versions of the os will enable stereo bluetooth or is it a hardware issue?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    As far as I know as long as you have an adapter it should work just like a cd player with any speakers connected to an amp. About bluetooth headset, I dont think it's a hardware issue so in other newer versions its possible. If I'm wrong someone correct me

MinnMonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    You would need to buy something like this:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000FMVZES

It needs to have a microphone built into the adapter to use regular headphones.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yup, you need a stereo headset for mp3 phones that have both stereo input and a mic. There are many out there: Jabra, Plantronics, etc. I got mine for about $20 -- it even comes with a 3.5mm adaptor so I could use it both on the Pearl and my laptop/iPod, etc.
    Last edited by maestrowork; 12-22-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Nicker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I got the jabra headphones and they rock! So nice

Narcissus no está en línea Stack level 2
    So if my Blue Tooth headsets has a mike if I find a strt 2.5(the headphones are also 2.5 but the cable that came with it goes from 2.5 to 3.5 and it needs to be 2.5 on both ends) cable it should work?