BB Pearl 8100 T-Mobile OS 4.2.1.107 No Data Plan 5 Bars of EDGE service I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DTPHawk no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Modem - Tether to ISP?

Advertisement

BB Pearl 8100
    T-Mobile
    OS 4.2.1.107
    No Data Plan
    5 Bars of EDGE service

I live in a rural area where high speed internet is few and far between. I currently have internet through a local dial up company. I'm trying to get my laptop to connect through my pearl (via COM4 modem on USB cable) to my ISP. I have the Desktop manager installed and configured for COM use. Created a DUN with all the settings correct from what i can see.

For some odd reason the connection stalls after about 20 seconds of dialing and gives me a DUN error 777 (remote pc failed). I am able to connect via my desktop with the same DUN connection (phone #, username, password, settings) without any problems.

When it dials on my Blackberry i can hear the tones perfectly and all the other usual dialup sounds. To me it sounds like my phone doesn't respond to the tones on the other end and then it just times out when the server doesn't get a response?

When i was still with verizon i was able to connect very easily using a few LG's phones that i owned. Same ISP and everything. At this point i'm stumped. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Kyle

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Pearl Modem - Tether to ISP?

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...red_modem.html

I may be wrong but i also think with T-Mobile you need a Data Plan that allows tethering.
    Last edited by srl7741; 11-08-2007 at 07:08 AM.

DTPHawk no está en línea Stack level 1

From what i understand this type of connection through T-Mobile without a data plan would cost me per kb? Is this true? It's the only thing stopping me from using it...

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The TMO BB data okg is $20 for unlimited usage. You do need it to tether. It is done through TMO's servers.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

no data plan means no tethering...all info comes from the RIM servers and only way to access it is with a data plan...sorry but ditch your dial-up and get the unlimited data for $20/month and then you can tether anywhere you want in the world, even going 65+ on the road...as long as you have service