I recently got a Pearl from Tmobile, however I do not have the data plan. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bpl710 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Pearl MMS woes..

Advertisement

I recently got a Pearl from Tmobile, however I do not have the data plan. Whenever I receive a MMS the phone says:

Could not retrieve message content. Try again later.

When I go to menu -> Retrieve now, it just sits there saying "Retrieving content.."

What gets me is, its only 60kb. This is one of the very few problems im having with this phone, but its annoying enough for me to consider going back to my Dash. I even tried to try to send it to my SIM and then I could put my sim in another phone and try retrieving, however, I cannot find the option to do that.
    Last edited by bpl710; 04-14-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You need a data plan for mms messages with most carriers on a BB.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You need a data plan for mms messages with most carriers on a BB.
    Thanks for the reply, but I can recieve them fine from those with Tmobile and Verizon. I forgot to mention that.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    What carrier are the ones your are NOT getting coming form ? the issues may be with that carrier if you are getting them fine form TMO and Verizon
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    What carrier are the ones your are NOT getting coming form ? the issues may be with that carrier if you are getting them fine form TMO and Verizon
    I don't know which she has, I think she has AT&T. (Sad that I dont know, yes) Yeah thats what I thought, carrier problem. Wouldn't that be a Tmobile since it on my phone? Also, does it retrieve it from the other carrier or Tmobile? Another dumb question, do I need the internet package to use the maps?
    Last edited by bpl710; 04-14-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    With T-Mobile, you need to contact them (it should have been done on activation if you bought it with service) and have them put the BB Enabler feature on your plan. That feature will allow you to access T-Zones and send and receive MMS. The second step is to send an MMS out from your phone to let the system know you have the capability to send and receive pictures. The easiest way to do this is to send it to yourself so that you can confirm it was received.

Zo

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    With T-Mobile, you need to contact them (it should have been done on activation if you bought it with service) and have them put the BB Enabler feature on your plan. That feature will allow you to access T-Zones and send and receive MMS. The second step is to send an MMS out from your phone to let the system know you have the capability to send and receive pictures. The easiest way to do this is to send it to yourself so that you can confirm it was received.

Zo
    I would have mentioned the Enabler, except they said they were getting messages from TMO and Verizon, if this were the issue, they would not get any MMS
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post

Zo
    I did a handset upgrade to get the pearl. Ok, so I just give them a ring, and tell them I want the BB Enabler? I already have Tzones on my account (the $5.99) from when I had my dash, should I go ahead and remove that? Does it cost anymore?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by bpl710 View Post
    I don't know which she has, I think she has AT&T. (Sad that I dont know, yes) Yeah thats what I thought, carrier problem. Wouldn't that be a Tmobile since it on my phone? Also, does it retrieve it from the other carrier or Tmobile? Another dumb question, do I need the internet package to use the maps?
    If you are recieving form ANY carrier, then the issues is most likely with the carrier SHE has, even if you call TMO that is what they are going to ask before they can even file a ticket for the issue, which again doen't sound like a TMO issue. you are recievveing FROM TMO and Verizon, so in logical process it is not your phone or carrier
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I did a handset upgrade to get the pearl. Ok, so I just give them a ring, and tell them I want the BB Enabler? I already have Tzones on my account (the $5.99) from when I had my dash, should I go ahead and remove that? Does it cost anymore?

No The BB VOice only AKA Enabler is totaly free, so you will be saving 5.99 plus tax
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    No The BB VOice only AKA Enabler is totaly free, so you will be saving 5.99 plus tax
    Awesome!

To all of you, Thanks for answering all my questions!

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Awesome!

To all of you, Thanks for answering all my questions!

Aye, your welcome, gald to help!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Rocean no está en línea Stack level 1
    idk if you've gotten your problem solved or not. but when that happened to me tmo told me to send a MMS message. so i sent one, then i could receive them just fine after that.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocean View Post
    idk if you've gotten your problem solved or not. but when that happened to me tmo told me to send a MMS message. so i sent one, then i could receive them just fine after that.
    Its working now, I just needed to send a MMS in order for me to receive them. All is good!