Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

as odd as it is for a company to supply mexico made product to canadians, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

7FiveMEdia no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl manufactured in Mexico vs Canada

Advertisement

as odd as it is for a company to supply mexico made product to canadians, when the company is, in fact, canadian.. mine, as well as everyone i know, has a made in mexico 8100. mine being white, btw.

i have yet to have any issues with mine. however, i close all my apps and keep my sms and other msg logs short. (rockwell and michael jackson taught me to believe that someone is always watching me.)

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    I am presently getting ready to power up my SIXTH device. Yep. You read that right. #6. Admittedly, 3 of the 6 weren't really defective, TMO was simply unaware of the OS issues at the time. All of my previous Pearls have been manufactured in Canada. Except for this last one. It's made in Mexico. And has been a piece of crap from day one. It endlessly reboots, freezes up at will, deletes my emails willy-nilly, freezes up when I use the browser, gives me uncaught exception illegal argument etc java errors, the list is endless. Reloading the OS didn't make one whit of difference. TMO sent another device out, and it too is manufactured in Mexico. So my question is this------ Has anyone else with a Pearl made in Mexico experienced serious issues? Or am I just incredibly unlucky? This last Pearl was also already upgraded to the new OS. I love my Pearl, but am getting a wee bit tired of having to change pincodes and all that associated noise. Enquiring minds want to know if anyone else has had problems like this? When I power up the new Pearl, I'm going to start from scratch, not reload using my DM. I'm curious to see if it makes a difference.

Edited to say-is there any way to tell if the replacement TMO sends is a refurbished model?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=mexico+canada

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=mexico+canada

Not to beat a dead horse or anything... Yes, there are differences, but with the way these Pearls are flying off the shelf, there might be a need for some backup assembly!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

mctommy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e74540

Mine was made in Mexico as well and it's has been running good so far. Must be bad luck.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

My Pearl is also made in Mexico... and so far it seems fine... (knock on wood real quick). It's to bad your having so many problems.

acv
    acv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054BE76

I'm in México and my Pearl is made in Canada! weird as the Canadian with a Mexican made BB.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Thats funny, I have a canadian one as well and no problems (knock on wood)!!!!!!

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2
    Mine was made in Mexico and it's been fine for the 2 months i've had it.

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

Tengo a baya negra perla 8100 ningunos problemas
    I used a translator. viva la mexico thanks for the pearl lol

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

The differences mentioned in that thread are mainly cosmetic. I've had Canadian Pearl's with dim screens too. No, I seriously think the manufacturing facilites are not the same, just like the Applebee's restaurant in my town is crappy, compared to the one 2 towns over. It does happen, and it's not necessarily anything to do with one country vs another. I think it's the result of cheap labor and forced production. I'd be asking the same questions about Canadian Pearl's if the situation were reversed. All I know for sure is this- 4 of 5 soon to be 6 devices, and the Canadian ones didn't have half the issues of this current one. My memory is more than sufficient, so can't blame it on that. I have a memory card for ringtones, graphics, and other media. I don't EVER drop it, or have it near harmful substances.(well, unless you count my husband.He is a bona fide BB hater ) Only a small percentage of respondents have answered this post, not enough to make an educated hypothesis. So any opinions are simply my own, based on continuous use since TMO's release day last September.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Got my replacement today and its made in Canada! Let's see how it holds up!

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

mine is made in canada and i have had no problems with it

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Hi Stacey, My Canadian Pearl has always worked brilliantly, I hope your one will as well, when I read about the problems other stackers have with theirs makes me wonder about the quality assurance the factorys have, any way best of luck.... LP

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    BRAT!!! LMAO!!! Northern California must be fresh out of Pearl's made in Canada. I even especially requested one made in Canada! lol! Needless to say, it didn't do me a bit of good. I am procrastinating activating the replacement. I am afraid it will be worse!! But I better hurry and get it done before the 7 day return policy is up! Danged if I'm paying $300 restocking fee!

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by beeballman
    I think whenever T-Mobile sends out a replacement phone it is in deed a refurbished one.
    not true. You can't send out a refurbished model if none have been refurbished yet. it's a bit too soon for the Pearl's to be refurbished to any extent. Most of what they were originally sent back for were simply OS issues, not serious manufacturing flaws.

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

BLIMEY !!! mysmyrrh. I just clicked your avatar by mistake, what is that picture? is it real?

off topic I know.... sorry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast