Hi I'm getting ready to take the plunge and buy a BB Pearl but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl - Looking to buy - Pros? Cons?

Advertisement

Hi

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and buy a BB Pearl but I was wondering what you folks saw as the general pros and especially cons of this device?

Unless someone comes back with something totally devastating then I'm still likely to buy this phone regardless of the feedback. However, it would be really nice to be able to go in to this purcahse with my eyes wide open knowing what to expect in terms of the phones cans and can't do's!

Thanks!

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl - Looking to buy - Pros? Cons?

I've had mine since about November.

I can't stand the keyboard so I use a Bluetooth keyboard for email.

I love the fact that I carry my entire Outlook including the comments where I keep notes.

I don't like that I have to remove the keyboard to use a Bluetooth headset.

If I had to do it over again, I would go with a sub compact notebook with connectivity and a small phone.

That said, it is still one of the smaller phones around.

Your mileage may vary.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Great Phone period. Keyboard is small though. That's the price you pay to have the power this phone has in such a small package. I don't like carrying a brick around on my waist so this was the best option.

SuicideUZI no está en línea Stack level 2

I had a T-Mobile MDA aka HTC Wizard before the pearl and there is no way I would go back. Your needs might be different but I did not even use half the features of the Wizard, the interent was to expensive on it, it was bulky as hell, OS was sluggish and I did not like having to use a touchscreen for everything.

The pearl pretty much fixed all the issues I had with the Wizard, the OS is a lot more simple like a regular Cell phone but more functionality, and isnt sluggish like windows mobile was. Unlimited data is $10 cheaper then it was on the wizard. I like having real buttons like the pearl, and while the suretype keyboard isnt quite as good as having a full qwerty it still works suprisingly well, definetly well enough for my needs and considering the small size and sleek design you get with the suretype keyboard I'd say its a pretty fair trade.

The phone is not perfect tho, there are small things about it that bug me like the fact that there is no way to set your ringer/notifications to vibrate and ring at the same time. The speakers arent the greatest, but I guess about as good as you could expect from such a small device.

Overall im happy with it, it is easily my favorite from all the cell phones ive had.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

just go for it i think i have had every possible phone on the market and i just love my new pearl if i had to change i would go for the new 8800 but only because of the extra wifi in it

ceekay84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e4e4b8

If the Pearl was a girl, I would tap it right away without any second thought. Might even cheat on my current gf to be with the Pearl...

DeeJaYsKiTT no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had some up's and down's. I had to recently send mine back because the keyboard wasn't acting good. I would press the "6" and it said I pushed "1" and all the buttons did that, even the trackball. But this new one hasn't given me really any problems. So, if you want a nice looking phone that's compact, get it!

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

The Pearl is very nice but make sure to see and hold it before you buy. I never saw one in person before but thru an Internet special got it for free, plus $50 back, plus BT headset. I was shocked at first by how small it is and to be honest anything smaller would really be unusable except as maybe just a phone IMO.

It does everything a full sized BB can plus has many multimedia features like camera, MP3 player, etc... Everything works well but the multimedia features only have the basic options. This is RIM's first try at MM though so its does all you need just not many frills.

No big downside but it can get slow at times for no seeable reason.

The keyboard is one of the biggest changes to the Pearl vs. other BB's and one of the first things you should even consider before purchasing. It works well but its not qwerty and sometimes doesnt work excetly like you may what. Its more on the odd word but overall its fine.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay84
    If the Pearl was a girl, I would tap it right away without any second thought. Might even cheat on my current gf to be with the Pearl...
    thats funny
    my g/f is already jealous when im on my pearl

Big "G" no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247CE422

My biggest con is Tmo does not push Hotmail. So I had to download a 3rd p program...

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

pro-its awsome
    con-no video recording

lmfao