Hi guys, I was on the previous blackberry forums and haven't been here since the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

redmiata2go no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Kill Command

Hi guys,

I was on the previous blackberry forums and haven't been here since the move. Its been a hectic 5 months.

So here's my question. I did a few search commands but couldn't find anything related to this. Does anyone know if when the Blackberry Pearl receives a kill command from the BES if it disables other functions such as camera and/or the storage slot until it receives the policy? I am also assuming it wipes out such keepsakes as pictures, songs, etc. But will it wipe the storage card on the slot as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    T o' Bee

Re: Pearl Kill Command

~via BB (
    I'm pretty sure that if a policy isn't configured for the media card or camera, that the kill command will not affect these. Plus I don't think this will wipe the card. I only have a passive knowledge of BES admin, but know enough to make these assertions.

McQueen no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm also thinking no on that as well; as far as I know, the only IT policies for the camera and Sd card are:

Disable the camera
    Disable microSD card
    And force password and encryption settings for the microSD card

More info here:

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

redmiata2go, Welcome to PinStack.

I can't add any more on this, but let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles