Hi all, I've been reading and participating in these forums for a few months now, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

Pearl Keypad Malfunction?

Advertisement

Hi all, I've been reading and participating in these forums for a few months now, but this is my first posting.
    Today ran into a problem with my pearl....I was typing an email and suddently the buttons were typing the wrong letters and/or multiple letters per tap. For example, every time I hit "0" for the space, I got a "bn" typed in my email. And every time I hit "7" it would type "cvbn" all at once. After a battery pull and a air can spraying of the keypad I started it back up and the problem seemed to be gone, but shortly after using the phone it was still there. This time every time I pressed the trackball it would make a "tone" as though I pressed a number and it would bring up the call log.
    I've pulled the battery again and the problem still exists. In my message/email log when I highlight a message and press the trackball to open it, it moves up one message and opens that one. The multi letter typing now exists on several keys. Any ideas?

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Re: Pearl Keypad Malfunction?

Sounds like you're getting a new pearl sent to you from your service provider free of charge.

Just double check to make sure there is no water damage...

I'd call the customer service department or take the phone to retail store as soon as possible.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    204D427F

Well...the T-Mobile CSR's where very curtious, but not all that helpful in the matter...even the gal in the "Blackberry Department". I pretty much answered all my own questions and they didn't have anything new for me.
    Fortunately for me I backed up my device two days ago. I did a complete system flush and reloaded everything back on from the backup and everything seems peachy so far. I will update this thread if there's any new developements with my (hopefully not) ill-fated pearl.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Have u tried hitting your pearl to the ground a few times? It usually helps lol jk. Just get a new phone man

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Have u tried hitting your pearl to the ground a few times? It usually helps lol jk. Just get a new phone man
    We call this a "Techincal Tap".

BRZ

PIN/ID
    204D427F

I wonder if this had anything to do with the latest version of Jivetalk that was released this morning and then suddenly blocked off from further downloads and service.....
    Hmmmmmm....!