I can't get the keypad to work at all, the trackball works fine though. Has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

E!
    E! no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pearl Keypad Frozen

Advertisement

I can't get the keypad to work at all, the trackball works fine though. Has any one else had this problem? I got a Curve to replace the Pearl, but I still would like to try to fix it if possible. Thanks!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Pearl Keypad Frozen

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Mine used to do that a lot. It would either freeze the keyboard and the pearl would work or vice versa. I would just do a reset and it would fix mine.
    Did you try a hard reset? What happened before it quit working? Did you drop it? Spill something on it? Install a new program/os? The more info we can have on it the better chance we can try to fix it.

E!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It was very strange, the Pearl was working fine then a hour later the keypad would not function. I tried removing the battery a few times but that did not help. It was not dropped, or wet. The OS was not tampered with. I did install Weather Bug, Opera Mini and Y!Go a couple of months ago. Sometimes Weather Bug would give me problems.

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem. Woke up weds morning to my phone ringing. hit the button to answer and nothing. Did a couple hard resets and even reloaded the OS. Trackball makes the click noise and moves on screen but opressing it does nothing as well. None worked, now waiting om TMO for a replacement phone. My warranty is good til october! yeah!!!

E!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have at&t. I could send the Pearl back to them for a replacement but they send the phone to a third party company and if this company says I did something to the phone, I get wacked $350. The phone lived a sheltered life so I am pretty sure it was nothing I did. However I am uneasy about a company that I know nothing about deciding if I trashed a phone!