So Im finally getting my pearl up and running. I got my Outlook synced without ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl keeps freezing up GRRRRRR!

Advertisement

So Im finally getting my pearl up and running. I got my Outlook synced without any hitches.

Now when I click on something in my address book, click out and then click back on the address book the phone freezes up completely. I keep taking the battery out to reset it and let it boot back up. It just keeps doing the same thing. What gives? I hope this isnt a hopless start to a new relationship.

Alex

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Re: Pearl keeps freezing up GRRRRRR!

sounds like you might have a corupt contact wich happens a lot with sysncing them with Outlook contacts. Im not a pro in this feild so Ill let someone that uses Outlook on the pearl to give you a firm answear. maybe try a wipe and then restore everything back and see if that helps also I noticed some versions of OS make the pearl "freeze" for a minute on different things. Like i have 4.2.0.64 now and if i use the trackball to send MMS it freezes for a sec but if i use the enter key it wont freeze at all.
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

It seems that if I let the phone sit for a minute or so it unfreezes. Still, thats a little disconcerting.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would wipe it if I were you.

So Ive been playing with the phone for the past 24 hours because my service hasnt switched carriers yet. All I have to say is WOW. I havent had something crash or freeze up so many times on me other than my Garmin Nuvi. Im debating on not continuing with the carrier switch because of this. My phone just hit something where the screen went white and the only thing I could click on was reset.

Am I the only one experiencing all this?

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    So Ive been playing with the phone for the past 24 hours because my service hasnt switched carriers yet. All I have to say is WOW. I havent had something crash or freeze up so many times on me other than my Garmin Nuvi. Im debating on not continuing with the carrier switch because of this. My phone just hit something where the screen went white and the only thing I could click on was reset.

Am I the only one experiencing all this?
    I use my blackberry consistantly throughout the day, since the day I got it and it's yet to freeze or error on me.

~Eric

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, it might be a bad pearl?

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, it might be a bad pearl?
    That is quite possible. Good thing for me it didnt get into a customers hands.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    I use my blackberry consistantly throughout the day, since the day I got it and it's yet to freeze or error on me.

~Eric
    I co signed that. I been relucant to load alot programs on the phone. I am waiting for the tmobile official update so I can feel more at ease.