My Blackberry Pearl started to turn itself off yesterday and by night it was completely ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kertok no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Just Died

Advertisement

My Blackberry Pearl started to turn itself off yesterday and by night it was completely dead.

I tried removing the battery etc etc. But nothing works. I only have a black screen and an annoying red light flashing 5 times in a row (in a 3+2 rythm) Has anyone ever had a similiar problem??

Anything I can do about this. Your help is very much appreciated.

PS: I have not upgraded any system or installed any programs whatsoever. I did not get an error message and the phone actually turned on twice this morning but died abt. 5 minutes after.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Pearl Just Died

Try a wipe or reinstalling the os and see if that works.
    /~*brooke

Kertok no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the tip i don't know how to do it but i am sure that I will find some thread here..

Will this affect my warranty etc. etc.??

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kertok
    Thanks for the tip i don't know how to do it but i am sure that I will find some thread here..

Will this affect my warranty etc. etc.??
    No, it shouldn't. If you still cannot get it to come on after doing this, try leaving it charging for about 10 minutes. I had this problem the other day and somehow it came back on all by itself after leaving it alone plugged in for a while.
    /~*brooke

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I had a similar problem happen to me, however mine happened while I was upgrading my friends Pearl, what happened was it had just finished erasing the apps and the shut the phone off and was waiting for the phone to re-initialize, but it just timed out and said update failed. after that the phone just sat there with 2 slowly blinking red lights, I tried just about everything; battery pulls, charging everyhitng, I even tried to to a wipe with JL_commander but nothing happed, when I pluged the pearl into the computer, windows would recognize that a blackberry had been connected but DM wouldn't acknowledge it, and when I tried to do a manual detection, it wouldn't work, the ports that windows reported that the blackberry was connected to ( I believe 4 and 5 or 3 and 4) where missing on the DM manual connection drop down menu. I even checked the stacks and the only other person that had this problem like a year ago didn't get it solved and just basicly sent it back. So figuring I had nothing left to lose really I went into app loader and clicked automaticlly detect port and went ahead without confirmation do do a OS install, and at first it looked like it was working the app loader was going through the erase proceedure but failed but this time I was now getting the no OS error on the blackberry (I believe it's 504? maybe?) so this gave me a lot of hope so I did the exact same thing again and lo and behold it completed the install and was back to perfect functioning order.

I know I was a bit long winded and the error you encountered was slightly different but I thought I would share this exp, in hopes that it might just work for you or someone else that may encounter a similar problem. All the best of luck my friend.

BBmn2s no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. First everything starts with error 523 after i was uninstalling mapquest. then i tried to reinstall OS but at the end it said "cannot be comleted, fatal error" and the phone just went dead, black screen with 2 rythmic red blinks from time to time, DM won't recognize the phone, it just says disconnected, and even when i go to options and connection setings it says that there is no connection.... any ideas anyone?
    thx
    -------
    and its 8800
    Last edited by BBmn2s; 12-19-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Yeah pull the battery out and connect it to the DM and while loading the OS put the battery back in there is a link somewhere ill find it

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?