Hi there. I purchased an "unlocked" off ebay. This was originally a t-mobile phone. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

golobayj no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Pearl is giving me real headaches

Advertisement

Hi there. I purchased an "unlocked" off ebay. This was originally a t-mobile phone. I put my cingular sim card in and got nothing, I tried using a different cingular sim card and got nothing. The phone was listed as being unlocked and the seller stated many times it would work with the cingular network. In advanced settings under Sim card, it says "No Valid SIM card". Through all my searching I have read that more than likely that means it is not unlocked. I read also about using meppd to see more information, but I do not understand what the information means. It says:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Enabled
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

I'm beginning to lose hope, can anybody please tell me if this means my phone is or is not unlocked and what my next step should be?

Thanks for any help you can give me

cnelson81 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl is giving me real headaches

I dont know for sure, but it sounds as it is not unlocked, or you got a bum phone.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

If network says enabled then it is locked
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you will need to pay to get it unlocked. or you might get lucky and get an unlock code from TMO. i definately think, since you tried both cingular cards (were they both ORANGE?). mine worked automatically...as soon as I put the SIM card in...same with hubbies UL pearl too...sorry! contact the ebay seller and see what he has to say...you were paying for an unlocked phone!

golobayj no está en línea Stack level 1

yes, both are orange cingular cards. Oh well, I guess its locked, at least I know. Thanks for the replies. I will contact the ebay seller, and then probably purchase an unlock code if he can't help me.

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

where do you live? there are many little "Shops" that will unlock it for 20 - 40 bucks... unless you can return it to the seller i guess thats what i would do...

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Can you try activating it with TMO to see what happens then cancel within 3 days ? Under 3 days you can't be held to ANY contract.

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Definitely sounds locked. That's the same error message my friend got trying to put a TMO card in a cingular phone.

teamangel no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, if Network = Enabled == Locked.

Since it's a T-Mobile phone, you could have a friend who's on T-Mobile try to get you the unlock code. Just have them call CS and tell them they need their device unlocked. Give them the IMEI number of your LOCKED device and they should be able to provide it to your T-Mobile friend. Worked for me on a previous T-Mobile phone.

Try that first. Doesn't hurt to try a couple times calling CS before you shell out $$ to get it unlocked.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Don't they have to release the lock code by law now? Or has that changed?

ssgeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Unlock t-Mo pearl solution!

Quote Originally Posted by golobayj
    Hi there. I purchased an "unlocked" off ebay. This was originally a t-mobile phone. I put my cingular sim card in and got nothing, I tried using a different cingular sim card and got nothing. The phone was listed as being unlocked and the seller stated many times it would work with the cingular network. In advanced settings under Sim card, it says "No Valid SIM card". Through all my searching I have read that more than likely that means it is not unlocked. I read also about using meppd to see more information, but I do not understand what the information means. It says:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Enabled
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

I'm beginning to lose hope, can anybody please tell me if this means my phone is or is not unlocked and what my next step should be?

Thanks for any help you can give me
    Was in the same boat as you about a month ago;

No free version / tMo will only help verified customers w/more than 1 month relationship established; try

gsmphonesource.com/

Make sure you select the right option-there are two (the one that says T-Mobile Pearl)...

Thanks Adam Roth (the guy who runs the site) I paid the $40 and it worked for me...good luck

LLPRODENT no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b2227d
    make a video of u smashin it to the ground
    IF U JUS GOT A NEW SPRINT/NEXTEL
    ACCOUNT AND WANT A 25$$
    VISA PM ME OR PIN ME
    A.S.A.P SOON
    FOR REALZ