Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use "soft reset". It is much nicer than having to do a battery pull. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I use "soft reset". It is much nicer than having to do a battery pull. Keep in mind that you still need to do one every now and again, even when using soft reset. When I use soft reset though, I still have to manually clear my browser cache and the event log. Just double checked it.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok let me break it down real quick on how that app works bc i use it too and it is a charm.

"soft reset" installs a small module and then deletes it. now anytime a module is deleted, the device needs to be rebooted. hence how it simulates a reset.

now the reason you still have clear the logs and clear the cache is because when the device reset because of a module modification, it still has battery power to maintain the caching file. when the battery is pulled the cache and logs folder are not considered "essential" material and therefore get erased because they are not stored on the flash memory of the device. so like you said, every now and then it is still good to do an actual battery pull

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    soft reset vs. hard reset.

obviously the soft reset is done via the application downloaded. Is a hard reset done by pulling the battery with the device powered up or powered down or does it really make no difference.

thanks
    regards
    cHAd

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    even if you turn off the device and pull the battery it still will hard reset the device, but i prefer to do it when the device is still powered on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12