Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I sure hope someone can help me figure this one out. My Pearl has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BrianLuptak no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl is clearing texts and call history, why?

Advertisement

I sure hope someone can help me figure this one out.

My Pearl has been clearing my texts and call history at very random times. When it happens, my entire call history will be cleared and all of my texts except for one will be cleared as well. It is always the same text that remains in my inbox. It is a text from back in early December, nothing special about it.

This has been happening for a little over a month now. I have looked into my options and can't see why this would be happening. Nothing ever happens to my contacts, calendar, etc. (thank God).

Also, it never happens at a specific time. Some times it will happen twice a day and other times it won't happen for a week or two. It doesn't seem to be happening when I do anything specific like sync my calendar or back up my information to my computer. My brain is fried from troubleshooting.

Any ideas?

jakesmobile no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ive always wondered if it had somerthing to do with running out of device memory? I know my curve does it every now and then and I just pop out the bat and sim,

fiend814 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Goto Options > Status and check your free memory.. sometimes if you have very little space available it will automatically clear the "least important" data to free up some memory..

BrianLuptak no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think you're right. When I go to status, it says 0 bytes under free files. I guess I just assumed I would have more storage available. Any ideas to free some up, I don't really have any applications that don't get used by I do have a 2 GB micro SD, I haven't explored storing anything but media files on it. Do I have any options here?

THANKS!

fiend814 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLuptak View Post
    Any ideas to free some up, I don't really have any applications that don't get used by I do have a 2 GB micro SD, I haven't explored storing anything but media files on it. Do I have any options here?
    Unfortunatley you can't store anything but media on your SD card (no applications, themes etc.). You might want to try clearing your browser cache and cookies.. Browser > menu key > options > Cache operations.. that can clear some space.. otherwise, i'd open your application loader (in DM) and uncheck the things you don't absolutley need (make sure foreign language support is unchecked unless you need them, they take up a lot of space), they can be re-installed later if necessary.. hope this helps!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    You need to download the latest OS update from Verizon, that will clear the memory leak. Also RIM is working on an update for the Sprint 8830, and will also provide an update for Sprint 8130 soon after.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can also free up memory on your device by deleting unused languages and themes. Also you can delete the sample pictures and the sample movie. I am not the expert in that but have done it for a couple of OS's. Here is a thread that I have used to walk through the process.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html

Also, you can check this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

Hope that this helps.

I have the current VZW OS and still did the clean up and clear my logs and delete cache and history and maintain more than enough memory to keep everything going.
    Last edited by firegeek; 03-27-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

jakesmobile no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~after I said that to you it started doing it on my curve again you cursed me! It will say one missed call and then I go to check it it will be blank, Owell that just means I don't have to call them back

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    jakesmobile -instead of doing a battery pull every now and then download "Soft Reset" app from the Download section of this site. It's a lot easier than doing a battery pull to clear up memory.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the thread links in firegeeks post are #1 for memory leak fixes. ultimately, you should upgrade your OS ...

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    Man theree are so many threads on this. Just do a battery pull and it clears up your memory. Make sure you hit "close" when you close out of programs. Learn to use the SEARCH feature. Its a known issue with these devices.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    The newest OS does help with the memory leak issue. Pulling your battery all the time is a PITA (in my opinion). When you upgrade your OS clear up some of the memory hogs that are mentioned in the posts that I mentioned above you will have much more available memory to add the apps that you really want. Remember to keep all of your multi-media on your memory card and you will have plenty of space to keep your messages and all the apps that you need.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    does anyone here have RIM's OEM yahoo messenger installed here? that would be the first thing i would get rid of. that is a major memory leak

corkyvera no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2428E0FB
    its always nice to do a soft reset once a day. I read somewhere that it should be at least once a week, but with all the programs and stuff that people usually run, once a day is pretty useful.

I had the same problem once and started doing a soft reset every morning... it works for me at least

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    everyone should install a small app called "soft reset" it will make the device to a reset without having to pull the battery so then you dont have to wear out that battery door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast