My apologies if this question has already been asked. I did a search and seemed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gopback no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl/iPod Car Charging Compatability

Advertisement

My apologies if this question has already been asked. I did a search and seemed to come up empty!

I just ordered the Pearl, and it hasn't arrived yet but I made a trip to the local AT&T store to pick up a holster and a car charger. On the way, it occured to me that the Blackberry Pearl can charge via your computer and a USB cable in much the same way that an iPod can. I already have the style of iPod car charger that you simply plug the other end of the USB cable into so theoretically couldn't that same charger be used to charge any other device (the Pearl for example) that can charge off of USB?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl/iPod Car Charging Compatability

THe connection on the pearl is micro USB, The I Pod charger would not fit.

There are various BB car chargers available, try the Blackberry shop here on the Stacks.

EDIT Maybe I read you wrong, does your I Pod charger have a USB socket On it ?? If so I reckon you could use it.

I have a mains supplied charger with a USB socket and I use it to charge my I Pod and my BB.
    Last edited by gazar; 08-12-2007 at 05:06 AM.

gopback no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    THe connection on the pearl is micro USB, The I Pod charger would not fit.

There are various BB car chargers available, try the Blackberry shop here on the Stacks.

EDIT Maybe I read you wrong, does your I Pod charger have a USB socket On it ?? If so I reckon you could use it.

I have a mains supplied charger with a USB socket and I use it to charge my I Pod and my BB.
    Right, the car charger has a USB socket. It's just regular USB not microUSB.

I assume that I could also plug my Blackberry into that, but I didn't want to destroy the thing by doing so.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

My Mains USB charger is a multi device charger, If your charger is specific to I Pod It may not be suitable. I am pretty sure that it will be OK.

I am sure someone on the stacks will clarify this.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea should work just fine.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are we saying that any usb cigarette car charger is good for any usb device it can plug in to? For instance I have a car charger for my portable GPS, and the plug would fit right into my pearl too. So the charger can be used for the pearl as well? I guess car chargers all put out the same voltage right?

Im concerned b/c A/C wall adapters are different. They have resistors on them and such, and you can read the UL label on the back to see what the output voltage is. You could definitely fry something if you put in the wrong charger just b/c it fit. Not so with car chargers?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I've been able to use car charger for a Motorola Bluetooth headset to charge my bb, and vice versa!! I assume that if it fits, it works

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am using my Motorola H500 wall charger to charge my Pearl but not sure about a car charger as I don't have one.