Just kidding about self destruct mode...LOL No, but really folks, I just did a backup/sync ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Pearl in Self-Destruct Mode?! Please Help!

Advertisement

Just kidding about self destruct mode...LOL No, but really folks, I just did a backup/sync with my PC, and before I disconnected my Pearl I shutdown the PC. Evidently, Pearl no likey. It instantlt shut off and the LED was constantly blinking red (at quite a pace). Pushing buttons did nothing. I puched and held the power button, still nothing. It did finally get resolved though, by way of the handy dandy battery pull.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm curious to know if this is "supposed" to happen. I'd try it again, but I'm a little nervous about it.

Another thought on this "function"...If one were to want to exchange their Pearl (because of some aesthetic blemishes, not functionality), do you think this would convince a Cingy rep to take the exchange? I know they don't cover it under their insurance plan, but the Pearl does come with a 1 year warranty for "manufacturer's defects.

Any thoughts?

dominobob3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF3D25

Re: Pearl in Self-Destruct Mode?! Please Help!

no clue on cingular but on tmobile if you claim that you are getting blue circles where your myfavs should be twice in 3 months they will send you and new pearl, just got mine today, im sending back one with a scratched over screen and missing the battery button and a clicking trackball. mechanics and pearls dont mix

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

One more thing on this subject....

To those of you that have returned a Pearl to Cingy, what reasons were used?

I really want to exchange mine, but not bad enough to pay for a new one.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A

When i wanna swap out my phone with t-mobile. I usually just tell them that the keypad is acting up. Sticking, or doesnt register all the time when you push the buttons.

mikefly562 no está en línea Stack level 1

I exchanged my Pearl at Cingular due to dust under the screen. They did not even ask any questions, they just gave me the new Pearl.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefly562
    I exchanged my Pearl at Cingular due to dust under the screen. They did not even ask any questions, they just gave me the new Pearl.
    Wow! I'm pretty suprised by that. I've never actually returned anything to Cingular, but I always hear horror stories about them being very strict on returns.I'm assuming this was at a corporate store? I'll have to stop by this week sometime and are what kind of results I get.