hello does anyone know where to buy a new pearl housing dropped mine and i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

corey1405 no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl housing ???

Advertisement

hello does anyone know where to buy a new pearl housing dropped mine and i want a new one and is it hard to replace it or should i just leave it because i will probabyl break it?

DOCRAY no está en línea Stack level 2
    See if your carrier offers insurance you can get in on.

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just bought a dummy phone from ebay, I'll let you know if it's a good parts phone or not. I picked it up for $24. Should come in some time next week.

corey1405 no está en línea Stack level 1
    no the do not offer insurance on blackberry phones apparently damn cingular

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Dummy phones DO NOT use real parts and are made by 3rd parties not the OEM.

And, T-Mobile offers insurance on ALL our phones.

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphish
    Dummy phones DO NOT use real parts and are made by 3rd parties not the OEM.

And, T-Mobile offers insurance on ALL our phones.
    Wow, for not using real pearl parts, the dummy phone's front clip worked great! I did however have to use a razor and thin down the front clips, but it fits like a glove. It's probably the only usable park to the whole set up. I'm gonna disassemble the dummy when I get home tonight to further explore. But if anyone else busts up the front chin, this is a great fix!

And I'm sure that if you called T-Mobile and told them that you dropped your phone, and wanted to buy insurance, they would be happy to insure it!

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    I'd really dig (not to mention pay) for some clear plastic housing for my Pearl. That would be hawt!

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Dummy Phone Not Very Good For Parts

Quote Originally Posted by budkleppe
    Wow, for not using real pearl parts, the dummy phone's front clip worked great! I did however have to use a razor and thin down the front clips, but it fits like a glove. It's probably the only usable park to the whole set up. I'm gonna disassemble the dummy when I get home tonight to further explore. But if anyone else busts up the front chin, this is a great fix!
    Yeah, I got a dummy too. It's amazingly similar, but the keys are not transparent (don't appear to be able to glow), the back and sides are very slightly different, and there's definitely a different trackball--this one's a nub, like a pencil eraser, not a ball. I may be able to use some of it to repair my massacred pearl, but the main thing I need is a new screen and it doesn't look like this one will work for that.

So, anyone know how to get a new housing? I have insurance, but don't want to pay the deductable for cosmetic (though fairly severe) damage.