Hey i got the pearl about a month ago and i had a question concerning ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iminfamous no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Help..Interface/template options?

Advertisement

Hey i got the pearl about a month ago and i had a question concerning customizing this phone.

Ive seen different themes and such that you can download here, however i saw a phone that seemed to have the whole way the phone operates changed. i asked and the guy said it was called an interface change or template change or something.. have you heard of this, or is it just a theme?

also, i have downloaded a theme that i would like to put on my phone, but i dont know where to get the software to put it on the phone, do you know where i can download this?

thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Pearl Help..Interface/template options?

Never heard of any interface change or template change, but you never can tell. How did it change the way the phone operates? I'm curious.

Do you have a Blackberry data plan? What is the file format of the theme you downloaded? alx/cod file pair or a jad file? Do you have both the Blackberry Desktop manager and the Pearl Handheld software packges installed on your PC?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

the main theme on my phone is having the first 5 things i use lined up on e the left screen, and i can access everything if i push the menu button.

this kids phone had the whole screen black, with 1 thing, such as the message icon in the middle almost as big as the entire screen. when he pushed the menu button, the opions would drop down in letters not in icons. the way the icons were set up was completly different, kid of weird.

i have nothing downloaded on my computer except the alx/cod files downloaded, i dont have DM or the hanheld packages, im competly lost on how do put the themes on my phone ahaha..

thanks

anything?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry for the delay. You need to download and Install the Desktop Manager and your HandHeld Software Package on to your PC. You can find links to these here, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites