Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Recently, I installed my 8100 Pearl Media Card into my Palm Tungsten, handheld device, to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    Lourdes's Avatar
    Lourdes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    20F71701
    Posts
    37

    Pearl has media card issues

    Advertisement



    Recently, I installed my 8100 Pearl Media Card into my Palm Tungsten, handheld device, to copy some photos. I was able to copy a few that I Cannot view on my Pearl.
    However, two new folders appeared on there own, DCIM and Palm. Neither can be opened. I tried to delete them,as well.A message saying,"Directory not empty", "OK", appears. It just takes me in circles . I can't view them or erase them,Nothing. I tried to format my card, but it warns me that all data on card will be deleted. Can someone please instruct me on what to do? And, what the heck is DCIM? Thanks!

  2. #2
    richmo58's Avatar
    richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    150
    I believe DCIM stands for Digital Camera Images (or Image management).

    Moving media cards around to different devices is generally not a good idea. I generally like to hook up the devices to a computer via USB and copy that way. I've even taken an XD card out of a camera and put it in directly in a reader on the PC and it got messed up enough that I had to reformat it on the camera.

    My advice would be to do whatever you need to do to get your pictures, etc. off that memory card then go ahead and reformat it on the device you want to use it. Maybe others have had better luck, but I don't like the idea of moving cards around like that. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Jbee's Avatar
    Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by richmo58 View Post
    I believe DCIM stands for Digital Camera Images (or Image management).

    Moving media cards around to different devices is generally not a good idea. I generally like to hook up the devices to a computer via USB and copy that way. I've even taken an XD card out of a camera and put it in directly in a reader on the PC and it got messed up enough that I had to reformat it on the camera.

    My advice would be to do whatever you need to do to get your pictures, etc. off that memory card then go ahead and reformat it on the device you want to use it. Maybe others have had better luck, but I don't like the idea of moving cards around like that. Good luck!

    Good advice! I highly recommend a reformat as well. You should do this as a prerequisite before installing any card to a BB device.

  4. #4
    Lourdes's Avatar
    Lourdes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    20F71701
    Posts
    37
    Thanks for your advice. As far as reformatting goes...do you mean I have to remove my pics from my card in order to format it? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but I'm still new to all this and I don't want to screw anything up

  5. #5
    rashard's Avatar
    rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Posts
    1,201
    Move everything from the card you want to keep, formatting it will delete everything... I have had no problem using other cards in my BB, it keeps original folders, and just adds its own.. Once I put my bb card in another device and the device automatically reformatted it for use and I lost the BB folders.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

    BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>


  6. #6
    richmo58's Avatar
    richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    Thanks for your advice. As far as reformatting goes...do you mean I have to remove my pics from my card in order to format it? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but I'm still new to all this and I don't want to screw anything up
    Rashard is right...formatting the card will completely wipe out anything thats on it. So, no, you don't need to remove your pictures from the card before formatting (or reformatting) it, BUT, if you DO want those pictures, you have to copy them somewhere before formatting the card.

  7. #7
    ganaway's Avatar
    ganaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8

    blackberry pearl 8100 media card problem

    i have my bb pearl hooked up to my compnuter and it wont let me go to any of my files

  8. #8
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    go to options>media card>mass storage mode and turn it on

  9. #9
    ganaway's Avatar
    ganaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    it turn on but i still cant get to my files

  10. #10
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by ganaway View Post
    it turn on but i still cant get to my files
    does it show up as a separate drive when you click on "computer" on your pc? do you have it hooked up via usb?

  11. #11
    ganaway's Avatar
    ganaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    yeah. yeah hook up to the usb

  12. #12
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by ganaway View Post
    yeah. yeah hook up to the usb
    so it does show up as a separate drive?

  13. #13
    ganaway's Avatar
    ganaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    no it show up as removeacle drive F

  14. #14
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    but it won't let you open it?

  15. #15
    ganaway's Avatar
    ganaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    yeah it wont let me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •