No joke. I had the Red Pearl for THREE days... last night had it in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RedPearlTX no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl; Had it 3 days... it DIED.

Advertisement

No joke. I had the Red Pearl for THREE days... last night had it in it's protective cover. Dropped it onto my matress, screen goes blank in a blue color. I tried turning it off turning it back on, no luck screen stayed the same. Took the battery out, put it back in, no luck phone wouldn't come on. Took battery out again, phone came on with the green light blinking, so my fiance called my phone to see if it'd work... it rang and the track ball lit up, but the screen stayed black and the buttons didn't light up.

Taking it back today to see what's wrong with it... I've had nothing but trouble with it.
    I'm going to see how much it is to upgrade to the Curve.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Pearl; Had it 3 days... it DIED.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sounds like the screen came unplugged when it hit the mattress. I've dropped mine a few times and no probs yet. Let us know how it goes

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Anytime you have a new hardware release you are bound to have a higher defect count. Even though the Pearl has been around for a bit, Cingy's red pearl has some slight internal changes from what I've heard.

Sounds like a problem with just that device, I'd recommend just swapping it for a new one. However if you think you'd like the Curve now would be a good time to switch. Though, I personally just can't pass up the smaller form factor of the Pearl.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

if the screen becomes unplugged, the system will not boot. The pearl goes through a hardware check on bootup. No screen no bootup, just stays off.

RedPearlTX no está en línea Stack level 1

They swapped it out for me!
    The new one works great!! I was able to register for real this time on the BBIS, and I'm not having the issues I was before.

Now... to get some better ringtones!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by RedPearlTX
    They swapped it out for me!
    The new one works great!! I was able to register for real this time on the BBIS, and I'm not having the issues I was before.

Now... to get some better ringtones!
    Good to hear, hope you have better luck with this one.