I've had my pearl for about 3 days and just started having problems whenever I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Pearl freezing when I acces the browser

Advertisement

I've had my pearl for about 3 days and just started having problems whenever I try to acces the Blackberry or Medianet browser. It just freezes my phone up. The strange thing is that I can still receive calls while froze up and turning off the phone unfreezes it, but whenever I try to get back into the browser, same problem. Any way to fix this?

Ok, I tried a cold reboot (removed battery) and it seemed to cure the problem. Does this happen often?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm not sure this happens alot. A cold reboot is always a good first step in trying to fix a problem. That being said, you're probably wondering how and why it happened so it won't happen again......Question: is there a particular website that you visited that caused the issue?

I went to the Media net site and checked the weather and backed out when the lock up occured. I just want to make sure that the problem was not hardware related.

thebell no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl freezing when I acces the browser

The browser lockup happened to me, after 2 weeks of ownership. I'm not happy about this -- for the start-up fees I have paid, I could GO THERE for less $$$$$$$.