Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

few months back i swicth my blackberry for the mda the push email sucked i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl flies circles around The Wing

Advertisement

few months back i swicth my blackberry for the mda the push email sucked i got the memory error cause i had to many programs open so the phone ran very slow and the stlyus at the bottem sucked.and the sliding keyborad wasnt as tight it got loose.... got my pearl back

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1986
    few months back i swicth my blackberry for the mda the push email sucked i got the memory error cause i had to many programs open so the phone ran very slow and the stlyus at the bottem sucked.and the sliding keyborad wasnt as tight it got loose.... got my pearl back
    As I said, different tastes for different folks... the pearl works for you. I had no problems with the Pearl other than my old eyes having difficulty focusing on the small images. For me the Wing has more screen, so I can make my fonts larger, easier on my old eyes... as for the stylus in the bottom, actually I kinda like that....

Nonetheless, you have what you like and in the end, that's all that really matters...

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

Quote Originally Posted by tom_vachon
    awesome post

+trust
    +trust x2

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks for the trust-ups! I've used many different kinds of phones in the past, from older BB's, all the sidekicks and Treos to crazy Japanese phones that have never been released in the US and there's something about BB's that makes me come back. Hopefully all the new specs for the Pearl 2 or "Komet" will find it's way into the final production unit because that will be my next one for sure.

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I changed my settings so that when I open the Micro SD card and the pics folder, it shows smaller icons instead of the large ones. That definitely helped with the speed of opening them. Give it a shot!
    Gr8 advice, i kept having the same problem, took it forever to open the pic folder, now its super fast. This was the only thing that anoyed me about my pearl.

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I recently updated to OS .101 and it now seem slower while browsing, a lot slower, ne thouthgs on this?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I know, I got a little carried away.
    Quite the contrary, Thanks for the comprehensive post!

I too have tried Windows Mobile devices in the past and disliked them. That was prior to my BlackBerry experience which has been really great! At this point I cannot imagine NOT having a BB.

So as a hardcore tech enthusiast it's always nice to hear a report on a new device from someone that has experience and the ability to write a good report sharing with us your viewpoints and experiences with a new model.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Quite the contrary, Thanks for the comprehensive post!

I too have tried Windows Mobile devices in the past and disliked them. That was prior to my BlackBerry experience which has been really great! At this point I cannot imagine NOT having a BB.

So as a hardcore tech enthusiast it's always nice to hear a report on a new device from someone that has experience and the ability to write a good report sharing with us your viewpoints and experiences with a new model.

Cheers...
    It is an initial impression in my opinion....

Here is a review of the Pearl, does this sound like the phone you own?

I bought this Pearl based on the many positive reviews. It's a pretty good telephone and has some useful features, but if you are going to buy it for PDA features, I would think twice. The device touts 64mb of flash memory. I found in my Pearl that 57mb of the 64mb is full of pre-loaded programs and other worthless junk that can't be deleted. For instance, none of the pre-loaded ring tones can be deleted, and there is a bunch of them. Only newly downloaded ring tones can be deleted. That's not all. There are several pre-loaded pictures and a sample video file that can't be deleted. Then there is a sample music file, that can't be deleted. Some of these files are huge. Like I'm going to sit around all day and listen to the sample music file and watch the sample video file that is pre-loaded that I can't delete, sure! Here's more: The promo's say you can sync contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos. What they don't tell you is you need 3rd party programs, such as Lotus or Outlook, to do that. This is not a Palm that has a very useful desktop manager program that allows you to make entries to any of those programs from your desktop PC and then sync them to your device. The promo material for the Pearl also tells you that you can view Microsoft documents. Sure you can if you subscribe to your carriers data plan and have email capabilities. You can then save any documents that are attached to the email and view them on the Pearl. At present there is no way that I have found to download Microsoft doc's to your Pearl from your PC. Documents-to-Go, a program that allows you to download and edit Microsoft docÂ’s with a Palm, is developing a program for Blackberry. It's not due out until later in 2007, and then it will probably have the $49 price tag, as they do for Palm. Learning curve is quite intense for a novice. Pearl comes with no printed manual. You have to use the .pdf file manual for reference. If you run into a real problem, Blackberry will charge you for tech support. Picture quality with the built in camera falls short as well. All in all the Pearl is a major disappointment for me.
    http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/user_reviews4321.html

To me I would say the person didn't own it long enough to really know the phone.....

Quote Originally Posted by stormyone
    It is an initial impression in my opinion....

Here is a review of the Pearl, does this sound like the phone you own?

http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/user_reviews4321.html

To me I would say the person didn't own it long enough to really know the phone.....
    What is your point?

What is your point?
    I made it... some people don't give themselves enough time to learn the phone... secondly, it will eventually come down to personal tastes... look at this forum 150+ pages of various threads, many are complaints or problems, yet because people like their Pearl they will tolerate the problems, because of their personal choice...

I made it... some people don't give themselves enough time to learn the phone...
    This is true of many new products, and has nothing to do with brand or model.

secondly, it will eventually come down to personal tastes... look at this forum 150+ pages of various threads, many are complaints or problems, yet because people like their Pearl they will tolerate the problems, because of their personal choice...
    This is also true of many new products. People put up with certain faults or characteristics of even the most expensive cars like MBZ for example.

I'm not being critical of your post or challenging you, I simply ask.......

And your point is?

This is true of many new products, and has nothing to do with brand or model.

This is also true of many new products. People put up with certain faults or characteristics of even the most expensive cars like MBZ for example.

I'm not being critical of your post or challenging you, I simply ask.......

And your point is?
    That was my point. I read the review and felt it was an initial impression of a device. Just as some have given up on their Pearl without giving themselves time to learn it. After they learn the phone and what it can or cannot do, then its a matter of personal preference in terms of what they want from a phone.

Of course because of a preference some will agree that the Pearl is superior to the Wing, and vice versa. I have both so I think they each have strengths and weaknesses. That is my point.

youngva804 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FE30AB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you would be a great novalist. Lol!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i love that story! almost brought a tear to my eye! BB ftw!
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by youngva804
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you would be a great novalist. Lol!
    Ah yes, my dream job and hopefully my reality someday. I would love nothing more than to sit on a beach in Cabo with my Macbook on my lap and my tub of Corona's by my side, working on my next book. If only I had the patience to sit down and get that dream started....*sigh*
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123