I cant seem to get this to shut up no matter what profile I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

romeoyankee no está en línea Stack level 1

Question pearl dtmf key tone

Advertisement

I cant seem to get this to shut up no matter what profile I am in...

I am talking about the key tones you get when you are dialing a number.. Its very loud. I know that if I absolutely have to I can go into my phone book and dial a number that way.. But what if they arent in my phone book? Or what if I am trying to enter an access code for voicemail or something.

Those tones are pretty loud and I cant find a way to quiet them at all.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: pearl dtmf key tone

Well for accessing the Voicemail you will definitely need the DTMF tones working.

But I don't know how to quieten them. On my 8700 they aren't too loud. Do they come through the ear speaker or the Speaker Phone?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

aeschino no está en línea Stack level 1

options
    screen/keyboard
    at the bottom is key tone-turn off

good luck!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That only prevents an annoying beep from being emitted with every key press and click of the click-ball.

I agree! The dtmf tones MUST go! They are totally useless! And RC, the device can be setup such that the tones are audible to the caller (voicemail system) and not the listener. Even a Motorola phone can mute the dtmf tones! And the phone system where I work has no dtmf tones at all! Just a simple beep for every key press, but the caller hears the tones.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

To start, the sound you are talking about is not a dtmf tone. DTMF is an internal sound that is used when calling in to an automated system that reads the numbers you press. As far as the keypad sounds when dialing a number, there is no way to turn them off.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

williamlc21,

They sure sound like DTMF tones to me, There is a unique tone, that is a combination of two different pitch sounds. If I have the Options-Screen/Keyboard Key Tones set to ON, I get two tones. One for the Key press and a unique dual frequency Tone for each number key pressed when dialing.

Just my experience. If that's not DTMF, it sure is a good spoof of it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

romeoyankee no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah i am pretty sure they are dtmf tones.. i am talking about the tone being sent when i press in my voicemail password.. not just for pressing a key. (although if i press a key in the phone number dialing section i get the tone as well.) the keypad tone occurs when you press a button to get into your email or something like that.

I had the L7 before and you're right.. if motorola can block them.. bb should be able to as well!!!

srotman no está en línea Stack level 1

i made my post about a month ago. ive noticed the same thing and it pisses me off!!! i asked my buddy who works for rim and i told him if you're in a quiet room. like a meeting. and you start pressing numberical buttons, the dtmf tones are LOUD!!! we should be able to turn them off. the phone can still send the tones without us needing to hear them.

like you said, when going into voicemail, you dont want to hear the tones when putting in your password. especially with a bt headset on, the noise is deafening! but unfortunately still no answer. ill keep buggin my buddy for us.

hopefully progress will be made