I get an error message - function OpenMsgStore failed - can't find any information about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yelbz6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question pearl doesn't synch wih outlook calendar

Advertisement

I get an error message - function OpenMsgStore failed - can't find any information about an MsgStore or how to fix it. I have reset the synch choices but that doesn't help. I don't know if this is an outlook or Blackberry problem.
    yelbz6

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: pearl doesn't synch wih outlook calendar

All the error messages I find help files for on that error point to it being a BES error. See the search thread below. Are you using BES or BIS from your cell provider? When you installed the desktop manager software did you choose BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) or BIS (Blackberry Internet Service)? If you are not connected to a company BES server than you need to uninstall the DM software and reinstall as BIS. Here is the search link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...sgStore+failed+

Let me know if that helps and welcome to the stacks!

I have gone to that blackberry site and followed the instructtions. I have Vista which may be a problem. It worked for about 2 months and sometimes still works but have to restart the desktop manager several times. This may be an outlook problem. Outlook also freezes, not always, when I start it or sometimes when I open an email. Also I have Office 2007. I am thinking I should uninstall and reinstall office. What a pain.
    Thanks for your help.

Sorry I didn't answer your questions. I installed it using Internet Service. That is all I ever used.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Well I am not entirely sure but it may be Outlook. Are you using 2007 and 2003? Windows will only allow one Outlook to run at a time. I usually fully uninstall the old version then install the new one. I don't like upgrades with apps like Outlook, too many files can be corrupted when overridden. I hate to say it but try uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling then re-add the sync settings.