Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got my pearl a few weeks ago and tried sending my first picture ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AJMoore87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Pearl / Cingular Problem, Please help

Advertisement

I just got my pearl a few weeks ago and tried sending my first picture message today...It didn't work. It just said failed to send message. I also noticed that my media net does not work either, and i know that the two problems are tied some way.

Anyways, I called customer service and they trouble shooted with me for hours and nothing helps, we messed with the MMS settings, browser settings, and everything. Eventually it came down to doing a master reset. So i wiped the whole thing clean and im still having the same problem.

I have unlimited data plan with 1000 text messsages. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem I have? Since cingular's customer service reps depleted their resources trying to find the problem i was left with being advised to get a new device. I have never heard of there being a software error in a device...There has to be a way around this, I dont have the original box for this device and i cant return it unfortunatly..I would have to do warranty exchange, and get a refurb which would totally suck. Please help if you have any ideas as to how to solve my problem! Thank you very much.

- Andrew

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Pearl / Cingular Problem, Please help

Andrew, did you try resending your service books?

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

The rep(s) had me do something with the service books, i dont know exactly what it was though...

Please feel free to bb msg me.

How do i resend the service books?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Oh yes, we did that already... No luck

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sorry. Hopefully a Pro will be along soon who has experience with this.

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Ya. Thanks for trying though. I appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Im just really bumming I dont have a pearl that works to its full potential...Im not even re adding all my contacts just in case i have to reset it again. Im so surprised nobody knows this problem

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

They will Andrew, I just took a look and there are very few pros signed in right now. Have confidence, someone will be along soon.

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

I really hope so. I put so much $ into this, and if the software is defective...I just, well..I just hope its not, and there is a setting or something that willl fix it. I am losing hope though.. Because tech support was not even able to help me, 3 different people even.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

AJ, I'm not sure what the problem is, Go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Books. Check for entries for MMS Client [MMS] and MMS ]Transport [WPTCP]. These are the MMS service books, without them you can't do MMS. If you do have them, try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in).

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

I have them both. I tried the cold reboot..Still no luck

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Someone else had the problem awhile back and had to upgrade to a different OS. Funny thing is I could send mms before upgrading and since I went back *didnt like the autodim* I can't send mms anymore. Luckily, I don't send them. But it does kinda stink that my device doesn't work 100%

Do a search for cingular and mms and you will see. He got his to work somehow. His user name is Mickpick.

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by AJMoore87
    I don't have the original box for this device and i cant return it unfortunately..I would have to do warranty exchange, and get a refurb which would totally suck. Please help if you have any ideas as to how to solve my problem! Thank you very much.

- Andrew
    AJ, I'm not the smartest technical person here, but your in good hands with the others giving you advise.

I can say this though as to your quote above, don't believe what you wrote for a second. If you are having a problem they can't fix (and from the sound of it, you have tried plenty by now), take it back to the store and exchange it, you don't need the box, they can just take the phone out of a new box and change them. In fact if it was me, that's what I would do, I wouldn't even what it fix after this much effort in case there are other issues that come up later and then you really would be in trouble. Cingular will exchange your phone in the first 30 days for pretty much no reason at all, even if you just decided you wanted a different model.

I had an issue with mine (I also have Cingular), it was taken back the next day and exchanged for a new one, no box needed!!!

So, the moral of my far to long post, don't put up with half A$$ customer service, demand what is fair and right (you can still be polite in doing this), you shouldn't have to feel like your stuck with this issue on your own. If it comes down to it, start asking for supervisors and supervisors of supervisors and owners of the store if necessary. And do not accept a refurbished one either!

Good luck

PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Thanks Cherri and Genaro!!!

I found this post

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_working.html

It seems to be promising!!! Im so excited! I am downloading the firmware software upgrade now..Its odd because this is only supposed to be a problem with tmo phones being unlocked to cingy. Wierd...anyways, Im gonna try it out and let you all know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast