Just a matter of time before Pearl cases started to show up on eBay, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Pearl Cases Starting To Show Up On eBay

Advertisement

Just a matter of time before Pearl cases started to show up on eBay, and by that I mean specifically made for the 8100. Not a bad design.

If I get this I might cut off that flap. No need for it.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl Cases Starting To Show Up On eBay

I like it, flap is useful for when you're not using the pearl, but looks like it could be annoying when you talking on it.

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

Doesnt cover much at all. Odds are that if you drop the phone its bound to land on a corner. looks to me like it will keep the battery cover from comming off which is good. But I would wait. Until... I purhcased a cheap cover for 3 bucks at a dollar store. Covers everything and it even has a belt clip and a flap and its "Pearl thin"

Quote Originally Posted by javi
    Doesn't cover much at all. Odds are that if you drop the phone its bound to land on a corner. looks to me like it will keep the battery cover from coming off which is good. But I would wait. Until... I purchased a cheap cover for 3 bucks at a dollar store. Covers everything and it even has a belt clip and a flap and its "Pearl thin"
    I agree with some of what you say.

But for me, I like exposed keyboards, so I can press the keys without obstructions. In fact, on the Krusell cases I like so much, I have always cut out the clear vinyl covering the keyboard. [see further mod of 7100t case I made for the 8100, but the plastic was already cut when I was using the 7100].

You can't see it in the pics, but the display area on that 8100 case has a thin, clear vinyl covering the display.

As to dropping it, yes, that could happen, but that is why I have a lanyard and clip on my belt, so it won't hit the ground if the phone comes off my belt [which happens to me all the time ].

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-14-2006 at 10:01 PM.

I also think that cases are "beauty in the eyes of the beholder" meaning that for every case that is out there, just as many phone owners will find certain ones attractive.

For example, I don't think I'd ever buy a $3 phone case from the Dollar Store. I'd be afraid the thing would melt on a 70 degree day or fly off my belt in 10mph winds. And that's not taking into account that the thing is probably toxic to the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by javi
    Doesnt cover much at all. Odds are that if you drop the phone its bound to land on a corner. looks to me like it will keep the battery cover from comming off which is good. But I would wait. Until... I purhcased a cheap cover for 3 bucks at a dollar store. Covers everything and it even has a belt clip and a flap and its "Pearl thin"

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Just a matter of time before Pearl cases started to show up on eBay, and by that I mean specifically made for the 8100. Not a bad design.

If I get this I might cut off that flap. No need for it.

I got it and yeah I might cut it off soon lol but yeah it is such a tight sweet fit I thought I was gonna break something putting it on. I highly recommend this case

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    I got it and yeah I might cut it off soon lol but yeah it is such a tight sweet fit I thought I was gonna break something putting it on. I highly recommend this case

I bought two of them off that eBay link, one for me, one for an electronically challenged friend who has the other Pearl I bought. Plus, he had FREE shipping on the second one.