Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by mojotwo I too have the T-Mobile case but I don't have to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Pearl Case Sleep Mode

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mojotwo
    I too have the T-Mobile case but I don't have to put the phone in upside down for the magnet to trigger the stand by mode. I just tested mine and the magnet located near the bottom on the side with the clip is strong enough to activate the stand by mode when I just slide it in right side up. And it does not matter which side of the phone faces the magnet....

are you running TMO os or Rogers or O2?

maybe it is the magnet that takes it out of sleep mode, possible?

i guess i could just keep putting it in there upside down, that seems to work. (i just can't charge it now while in the case)

GC1218 no está en línea Stack level 1

I you hold you Pearl in your hand and place the bottom clip side of the case case over the keyboard you will see the BB screen turn off. I place mine in bottom down with screen faceing the clip and my turn off with no problems.

chantal7399 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21A1626C

I guess I'm one of those who will have to put the Pearl in upside down & closing the flap to get it to go into sleep mode.

So far, that's the only thing I can find wrong with this phone.

I'm still kind of used to using the side track wheel, but the Pearl has it's perks )

nando77034 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow I just slid my Pearl into my Tmobile case upside down both backwards and forward and yes it does trigger the my phone to vibrate. GREAT! now I dont have to buy the blackberry leather sleeve....

Thanks!

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2

I too have the T-Mo case and put my Pearl in upside down with the screen facing inward. The only thing I don't like about it is attaching it vertically to my belt.

I saw sdowney83's post about the OEM Blackberry Pearl Lambskin Leather Swivel Holster and bought the item in eBay. So now I can swivel and carry it horizontally.

kparker5 no está en línea Stack level 1

bad thing about case...

here is what happened when me an my hubby each bought a case. The phones rang like people were calling us. Only it showed his mom as calling both of us at the same time. I think that magnet in the case is BAD NEWS!

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82
    i bought some off brand case from a kiosk in the mall (bad idea) the size and everything is great, but it does not have the sleep magnet built in, but i have figured out how to put it in there so the magnets to keep it closed go over the key pad to help make it happen..

i had no idea abotu the keypad magnet trick, i thought it was only the back contacts that did it.... thanks guys

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think you guys are crazy. My pearl has no problems going to "sleep"
    I have it programmed to go off at 12mid and wake at 6am. I don't use a case with a magnet. I have the full body skin for $6.95. That way I can carry the pearl outside and let people see this awsome phone. I had the aluminum case with the plexiglass (don't waste your money, sure it looks cool but you cannot see the entire screen when enclosed in this case.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks to the great members here I have learned alot about BB. And never realized there were this many BB addicts!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    I think you guys are crazy. My pearl has no problems going to "sleep"
    I have it programmed to go off at 12mid and wake at 6am. I don't use a case with a magnet. I have the full body skin for $6.95. That way I can carry the pearl outside and let people see this awsome phone. I had the aluminum case with the plexiglass (don't waste your money, sure it looks cool but you cannot see the entire screen when enclosed in this case.
    huh?

What you're talking about is the auto on/off, not sleep. the phone "sleep" is different. it just turns off the screen and controls until either a mail message or call is received.

if your phone turns off when you set the auto on/off timer, it won't receive calls or messages whil it's off.

sammyjojo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2747

I think the problem you guys are having with the sleep function in the case, is that the sleep function doesn't actually work correctly.

I don't have a case, but when I first got the phone I used the sleep function all the time because I kept the phone in my pocket and didn't want any key to activate something on the phone. I realized after a while that the phone wouldn't stay in sleep mode for longer then maybe a minute or two, which is may be the problem with the case activating the phone.

The phone probably really goes to sleep when put in the case and then sleep deactivates (cause it broken) and when you accidentaly push on the case and some of the keys probably get pushed down.

The lasted OS update fixed sleep mode for me though, so now when it goes to sleep it doesn't come out till I push mute again (putting in/take out of the case for you guys). You guys might want to try updating the OS to the latest one and see if your phone still "wakes up" while in the case.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

The problem with the sleep/wake problem with the t-mo case is not OS related, it is the case itself.

the t-mo "sleep" case was not intended to be a sleeper case (it has no dedicated magnet for the sleep function), but it does have a magnet on the latch so it technically can put the phone to sleep if the phone is put in upside down.

i have the seidio clip which has a dedicated magnet for making the phone sleep, and it is placed in the right location so that if the phone was put in the correct way, it will sleep and stay asleep every time.

The problem that you are describing (putting the phone to sleep without a case, sleeper case or not) may be OS related and the updated OS may have fixed that, but what these guys are talking about with the t-mo case isn't.

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

Is it possible there are multiple versions of the T-mobile case? I have an OEM case (branded T-Mobile) that I got off of eBay. There's the magent for the latch as well as a magnet in the back beneath the belt clip. I know it's there, if I put the case on my desk it picks up paperclips!

I've had no trouble with the pearl not sleeping and I'm really glad I got the case since my battery life has about trippled since I began using the sleep feature.

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here with regard to the t-mobile case.

I checked mine before buying -- it also has a magnet at the bottom below the clip in addition to the magnet in the clasp.

Piratepete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    jstask

Does it save a lot of battery life when in sleep mode?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast