Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

the pearl is the first BB i've owned. people talk about needing a magnet in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Pearl Case Sleep Mode

Advertisement

the pearl is the first BB i've owned. people talk about needing a magnet in the case to make the BB go to "sleep".

i bought the tmobile leather case designed for the 8100 and it has the magnet in it. when i begin to place the BB in the case, it does go to "sleep". but as soon as the pearl ball gets touched by the case, the screen comes back on.

if i try to make the BB go to sleep by pressing and holding the mute key on top, it, again, goes to sleep. i begin to put it in the case, and as soon as the pearl ball gets touched, again, the screen comes on.

once in the case, the screen will eventually turn off with the auto-dim.

is this related to the ringer turning off when the pearl ball is touched? is there something i can do to change this or am i going to have to wait for the OS update from TMO. (yeah, i know about the 02 and rogers, but i'm waiting for the TMO release)

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR INSIGHT?

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

Re: Pearl Case Sleep Mode

with my 7100i it would only go to sleep when the magnet was near the keypad. Other than that I never tried to get a magnet near my pearl

PIN/ID
    Retired

i don't think that the magnet is getting close to the pearl. i think the pearl is just rolling once it gets inside the case (as i'm sliding the phone down) and it turns the screen on...i'm guessing (?)

bigjigga no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

new firmware stops the pearl from stop ringing with the pearl being moved...

dino8700 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6E9E

I noticed the same problem i have the 8100 and the tmobile case, i believe the only magnet in their case is the one that holds it closed, in order to get the sleeper function to work i just put my 8100 in upside down and the closure magnet puts it to sleep.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bigjigga
    new firmware stops the pearl from stop ringing with the pearl being moved...
    i know...thats why i asked if it was related to this problem. but only the 02 and Rogers update addresses it so far, and i'm waiting for TMO's

Quote Originally Posted by dino8700
    I noticed the same problem i have the 8100 and the tmobile case, i believe the only magnet in their case is the one that holds it closed, in order to get the sleeper function to work i just put my 8100 in upside down and the closure magnet puts it to sleep.
    wow. never thought about that! i just tried and that does that trick. i guess i will just have to get in the habit of doing this cause i like that TMO case for it.

THANKS A LOT!

Dustman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C59DD0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah just put it upside down facing the clip and you will have no worries

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'll third the notion about upside down and backwards...

PIN/ID
    Retired

kind of an odd design flaw...but darnit it works!!!

thanks everyone!!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, I don't know why they did that...

easygesus no está en línea Stack level 1

Word, the T-Mob employees are supposed to explain that to u.

mojotwo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E02053

I too have the T-Mobile case but I don't have to put the phone in upside down for the magnet to trigger the stand by mode. I just tested mine and the magnet located near the bottom on the side with the clip is strong enough to activate the stand by mode when I just slide it in right side up. And it does not matter which side of the phone faces the magnet....

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

i have the seidio clip with the sleeper magnet. Putting the phone in face-out will also put it to sleep and rolling the trackball and pressing keys like a maniac does nothing to wake it.

But if i put the phone in the clip upside down, it won't go to sleep and I can still play with it.

I think the T-mo case's magnet is not in the right locatio to keep the pearl asleep. moving the trackball doesn't wake a sleeping pearl.

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Pearl Case Sleep Mode

Shouldn't the BB be placed in the case (TMO's) upside down anyhow to keep the magnet from damaging the screen due to prolonged proximity? This was something that I was told at the TMO store. Any truth to this?
    Last edited by Dimndbk; 11-02-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by Dimndbk
    Shouldn't the BB be placed in the case (TMO's) anyhow to keep the magnet from damaging the screen due to prolonged proximity? This was something that I was told at the TMO store. Any truth to this?
    If anyone believes and tries to tell others that all the weak magnets in cases and holsters can destroy anything in any phone the person has no idea what he is alking about.

Small and weak magnets do not destroy your LCD or anything else in your phone. Your phone is not a floppy disk!!!
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast