I have just received my new case for my Pearl from OtterBox. I already love ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bird2920 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Pearl Case From OtterBox

Advertisement

I have just received my new case for my Pearl from OtterBox.

I already love it, it isn't as bulky as I expected it would be.

It is a little odd to put on, but not difficult by any means.

the inside protective sleeve is not the greatest design, but a few minor modifications makes it fit perfect like a glove.

The Case feels solid. It isn't very heavy, yet it is however pretty heavy duty.

The case is "weather proof". It is for sure not 100% water proof. But it will keep it safe from the elements, such as snow, dust, moisture/precipitation, short drops and sudden stops .

So far from what I can tell this case will be suitable for any outdoor enthusiast who wants a little extra protection for their Pearl.

The only cons that I can see so far:
    • Not extremely water proof, not that I need it to be submersible..
    • The inside sleeve is a little odd to put on. once you get the hang of it, it is not big deal at all.
    • Some may think the case a little too confusing to get apart, however, I think it is a very unique and practical design for such a small case.
    Please feel free to voice your opinions about this case. I would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Hope this helped!
    Last edited by bird2920; 12-03-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Case is a little close to the trackball, makes it hard to scroll quickly.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl Case From OtterBox

It looks very nice, I might get one (so long as it doesn't cover my speaker opening I have on the back of my 8100).

bird2920 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, it would more than likely cover that hole. I would suggest something else, or maybe doing some modifications to the case and adding a precip fabric to your mods.

colomboj no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been using a otterbox for a few days now. I can tell you all that this case isn't for everyone. The added bulk is enough to make some think twice. The part that I like the least is that my fingers keep bumping into the case when using any keys along the edge if the keypad, and the trackball. Now that is all the bad I can say about this case! I work in the construction field, and I'm hard on phones. I went thru 7 moto razors before I decided to get my BB, and when I got my BB I thought for sure I would never carry it at work. Now with the help of the otterbox case I feel 100% confident that no harm will come to my BB at work, and I can keep in contact while on the jobsite. I think it is the best case you can get if you really need the extra protection that the otterbox provides.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sstallard no está en línea Stack level 2

I was thinking about getting one but didn't want something bulky in my pocket. What would be great would be some comparison pictures of the pearl w/o the case and then ones at the same angles w/ the case.

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

That look awsome. I like the black/yellow. Might just get it for x-mas. Thanks bird2920 for the link.