Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not that I know of. The only options i can find are the ones when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Advertisement

not that I know of. The only options i can find are the ones when your are in camera and hit the menu button. Then you can go to options and change a few things like flash, white balance, where it's stored, the quality, and that kinda stuff but can't find any others.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    iall camera phones need to make sound, its a liability thing.

That's just an old wives tale, atleast here in the US, people have been passing around.

The Pearl is the first cell or PDA I have ever used that the shutter sound can not be turned off and still allows sounds to be made while in vibrate mode.

I just bought, the V from Verizon, LG 9800 and it has an option to turn the camera sound off.

Los22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D4CDB
    I had the Palm Treo 650 before the BB Pearl and it had the ability to turn off all sounds....PERIOD. I personally don't like the shutter sound. I find those shutter sounds annoying. My phones are usually silenced completely. I use the vibrate feature so as to not bother anyone and I don't have to remember to turn it off in theatres.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    You need to plug headphones in, start playing a sound file, PAUSE the sound file, then take a picture.

I have not tried it as I dont have any headphones that will fit but I read on other boards that it works.
    This works perfect for me. You get the "flash" sound in the ear piece.
    thanks

lockard.j no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a370e8

Re: pearl camera shutter sound

Maybe since blackberry is a used worldwide they make it so you can't turn it off? Is it other countries that don't want silent camera phones used? Maybe they did it so people can't just put
    US software on it using desktop manager to bypass

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    -------
    Maybe since blackberry is a used worldwide they make it so you can't turn it off? Is it other countries that don't want silent camera phones used? Maybe they did it so people can't just put
    US software on it using desktop manager to bypass

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by lockard.j; 01-21-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged.

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Has to be a way to get rid of that stupid sound. No other PDA has it, only thing I hate about pearl.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah and if ever see some body taking a picture of you and you dont want them to just tell them to give you their drivers license number so you can contact them about coming to court with you because you are going to sue them....

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf
    this is so retarded, sexual predators will always be around and the sound thing can be worked around, its just an annoyance for people like me who keep their phones on vibrate and want the only sounds to be the music coming through the headphones when they're listening to music

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you really want to know how to turn it off, there are two ways that i know of, and that is the long way by pluging the headphones in, turn on a song and pause it then take the picture, or you could just call your voice mail and lower the volume all the way down, then take picture, but is it really that important to take the picture with the sound on, if so theres ur solution, if anyones got a better way, fell free and post it. hope this helps though

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AnewBerryMan View Post
    talking about shutter sound, how about camera effects on the phone? I've been messing around with it I haven't run into an option where I can change it to sephia or black and white. Does the Pearl even have it?
    On the 8130, when you open the camera,click on the BB button->Options->Color Effect.

From here you can select:

Normal
    Black & White
    Sephia

Just2good4u3434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ^^Well I do H8 you (just kidding) because you have the WIFI enabled 2MP version of the original 8100 that I have!!!

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    dont hate them.... they dont have colored LEDs under their trackball so we have the cooler phone.... haha

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    hehe well i have cdma 8130

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'd just settle for an 8120. I hear it has the camera effects too!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12