Whenever i press down on the pearl portion it records it as a Q or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

psiweaver no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Button Issue

Advertisement

Whenever i press down on the pearl portion it records it as a Q or E button press. The other buttons work normally but since I can't select anything with the pearl it is kind of a problem. Any suggestions? Its an ATT Pearl.

It is also resetting itself fairly regularly.
    Last edited by psiweaver; 07-20-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: update

psiweaver no está en línea Stack level 1
    bump anyone?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Have you tried to remove and clean the track ball and contact? A little weird for the trackball to be punching letters!! Other than a good cleaning don't know what else to suggest. If you need help on taking the trackball out there is a good pictorial. I would post a link for you but can't via berry. I am sure someone will post it for you. If you just want to pop it out and clean under it. Pull up gently and evenly on the chrome trim around the track ball. That piece has 3 retaining clips and will just lift out. Once the ring is off you can then remove the track ball assembly. To clean the contacts on the board bellow use a q tip and some rubbing alchol or some circuit board contact cleaner (can be purchased @ a electronic specialty store). I hope this helps resolve your problem. Good luck. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~