Big problem... My pearl scroll button is a light shade of red when it goes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CAComp no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Button is a light shade of red and ???

Advertisement

Big problem...

My pearl scroll button is a light shade of red when it goes into sleep mode...When I press it...it opens the callers list and it presses the Q & W button automatically. Has anyone ever seen this and is there a rest of the keys.

After I wake the phone from sleep and continue to hit the scroll button the q and e keys seem to be linked to the button and appear on the screen like it searching for a contact the starts with qe.

If I navigate to my meessages and use the enter key to get into my messages the scrool button work fine. I'm able to scroll to a message and open it using the button.

Please help me...

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by CAComp View Post
    Big problem...

My pearl scroll button is a light shade of red when it goes into sleep mode...When I press it...it opens the callers list and it presses the Q & W button automatically. Has anyone ever seen this and is there a rest of the keys.

After I wake the phone from sleep and continue to hit the scroll button the q and e keys seem to be linked to the button and appear on the screen like it searching for a contact the starts with qe.

If I navigate to my meessages and use the enter key to get into my messages the scrool button work fine. I'm able to scroll to a message and open it using the button.

Please help me...
    Sounds like a device issue to me, are the Q and E keys mapped to the button at all times? I had a user that had a problem similar to this. An OS reload did not fix the problem, we had to do a warranty exchange on the device.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    definately a device issue, I'd take it back

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea uhhh ur keypad doesn't like u...did u get it wet? May be a shorted out wire or something...if a wipe and/or a OS reload don't work, I would call the carrier and demand they fix it lol no don't demand...at first...when they piss u off, that's when u go "Incredible Hulk" and get loud and such...I hope u got the phone insured...

CAComp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the responses...I saw the thread about taking the pearl out and cleaning behind it. WOW...The dust bunnies were unbelievable. Blew out the entire Keypad and pearl area with compressed air and reassembled. Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks again.