Wanted to listen to the local radio for some sports results at the weekend and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

billzab no está en línea Stack level 1

Does the Pearl have a built in FM receiver like my old Nokia?

Advertisement

Wanted to listen to the local radio for some sports results at the weekend and could not find how to get this on my Pearl 8110. My old Nokia had this facility and was free. I don't want to stream radio as this will cost me money. Only had my Blackberry a week so still trying to suss it all out. TIA.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Sorry, no built in radio. The only way is to stream it invia the internet if the station has a website to stream through and it is in a compatible format.

Welcome to PinStack

billzab no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply and for the welcome. Just have to get myself a small FM receiver.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4
    I miss this too, sad they didn't implement it, but seriously.. its a buisness phone.. one out of thousand might want it. he he.

The rest coudn't care less

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    There is an application you can load onto your phone which allows you to stream radio...i believe one is called mfradio and then theres radiobee...I'm probably wrong on the names though.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4
    I tried radiobee, coudn't get the OTA link working.. the mfradio I havent tried.

Wanted to stream club977's 80's radio.. but after a whole evening I gave up and blew some dust of my ipod..

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    Well...if you're a bid iPod fan...you should try nuTsie...go to the website (www.nutsie.com), register, download the application (it will be sent to your phone), and you can load your music from iTunes to a library.xml file and stream the songs that you load onto nuTsie on your bb. The only downside to this is that nutsie can only stream songs that they have on their server (which is quite a few). It's worth a shot, and it streams really well.