I'm using the Blackberry 8100 modem script from Fibble.org to connect to the internet on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

piblondin no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl as BT Modem (Mac +TMO) Disconnects after few minutes

Advertisement

I'm using the Blackberry 8100 modem script from Fibble.org to connect to the internet on my PowerBook G4 with my Pearl on T-Mobile. Everything seems to work okay for a few minutes (I get around 160 Kbps downstream), but then the connection seems to silently drop, and I'm unable to access the internet anymore. "Internet Connect" doesn't automatically disconnect and there's nothing in the connection log suggesting a disconnect.

My connections last anywhere from 1-7 minutes before they stop working. Can anyone help with this issue? Any assistance is much appreciated. I'm running OS 10.4.7 on my Mac.

I tried the following directions on Fibble, but they don't seem to make a difference.

in System Preferences -> Network? click the ‘Configure…’ button. Click the ‘PPP Options…’ and verify the settings are the following:
    • All Session Options are unchecked.
    • Send PPP Echo Packets is unchecked. (I have it checked and have no problems, but others have reported success with this turned off.)
    • Connect using a Terminal Window is unchecked.
    • Prompt for password after dialing is unchecked.
    • Use verbose logging is checked.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl as BT Modem (Mac +TMO) Disconnects after few minutes

Hmmmm, I have a Macbook on Cingular and it seems to disconnect after 5 min. too odd..... I used fibble.org too. I just reconnect after, gets annoying after a while but it works.