Hi all. I just got my T-Mobile Pearl today and have been playing with it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl Browser won't launch (and a couple other questions)

Advertisement

Hi all. I just got my T-Mobile Pearl today and have been playing with it all afternoon and learning how to use it (coming from a Sprint Treo 650).

Anyway, for some reason, everytime I try to launch the Browser, it just gets stuck on that button and I can't do anything else. It just stays highlighted and never launches the browser.

The only way i can get out of it is to hold the power button down until it turns off and then turn it on again. But once I try to launch the browser again, it gets stuck.

It was working fine earlier today. I can't think of anything I did that would mess up that application. Today I added my contacts from my Mac and downloaded the Gmail program (which works fine).

Is it possible to reset the Pearl to factory defaults? Maybe I can just start over.

I'm running version 4.2.0.42. (Is it safe to download the Rogers' firmware and use it on my T-Mobile Pearl?)

Other questions:

-Text messaging on the Treo is amazing. It shows like a threaded conversation like AOL IM. Can the BB do something like that for SMS rather than separate messages?

TIA!

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2
    OK, I think I figured out how to do the reset. Take out the battery for a couple minutes, right?

That seemed to have done the trick wrt the browser launching issue!

But I really hope this isn't prelude to a host of other issues. Looks like the Pearl is a bit buggy yet. Amazingly, I almmost never had an issue with my Treo (I know I'm in the minority there).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bryanus, Welcome to PinStack.

If the Cold Reboot, which is what I call the Battery removal trick, worked, and it doesn't happen again too soon, I wouldn't worry about it.

The only risk of installing the Rogers OS Version is that TMO Customer Service my fuss if you call about problems with the Device and need to know the OS Version. I think there are some settings you have with the TMO OS that are eliminated with the Rogers OS, but I can't remember what they are.

As to the SMS Messages threading, I believe you can set the number of included messages from the Options/SMS Number of Previous Items Setting. This is how it works on the 8700.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles