I have the pearl and for the most part i really like it but its ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bennychains no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Browser Could it suck anymore?

Advertisement

I have the pearl and for the most part i really like it but its only useful as a phone and sms\email device.

The Browser is the most awful piece of yuck i have ever seen. it takes forever to load and when it does its more annoying then useful..

does anyone have any tips to make it better?

im on tmobile. seriously pondering switching to Verizon Q or upgrading to the Blackberry 8800..

help!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Pearl Browser Could it suck anymore?

Welcome to the Stacks Bennychains. Have you tried the Opera Mini Browser? www.operamini.com

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The browser works fine to me. I'm under tmobile too. So I don't know what to tell you.

kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera Mini is very nice, but I'm rather happy with RIM's built-in. It's speedier than the SK2 and WM5 IE. Try finding some nice WAP sites or using Google's proxy, which will speed load times up exponentially.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been playing around with the Opera Mini 4 Beta browser lately and have found it to be superior to both the Blackberry browser and the released Opera Mini browser. I'd give it a try if you get a chance.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

No problems with the BB browser on my cingular/at&t Pearl. Try using WAP sites.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are you sure its the browser you have issues with. Your complaint seems to be more about the speed of T-Mobile's network. I don't have to many issues with the browser but then again I'm on an EVDO network.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

no problems with the browser here. Cingular/AT&T user. The only time i have issues with the browser bring slow or not working, its because i have VERY low service.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats odd that you are having those kinds of problems. Know two things one is on your home screen in your top right hand corner does it say gprs or edge. If it says gprs you are in an area where its not the faster speed. Its going to be about 28.8k-56k. If it says edge. It should be running about 105.5k. If it displays edge than go to your options>advanced options>host routing table. Highlight any of the options listed and select menu and register. That will reregister you to the network. That should help. But what a lot of people don't realize especially if this is their first data device that the internet isn't going to be super fast. Hope that helps.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Browser works great for me. Really can't complain. Took a little getting used to but that was mainly due to the size of the screen. Overall, i'm happy.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm with AT&T in NYC and happy with it... but I try and restrict myself to only WAP sites when possible.

I think we all know the browser has its flaws, but my complaints are only minimal and constantly improving.

sigma08 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use opera mini 4 also and it is a lot quicker than the built in browser. The built in browser loads then goes back and loads images which is slow. The opera browser loads things like a regular web page

jonnychiro no está en línea Stack level 2

funny poist! I guess it has something to do with your expectation level. it has to be understood that load times are not going to be the same as your desktop cable connection. follow the leads/advice given here. if it still is yuck fo u--post; i get a kick out of your complaints! L)