Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok here's my situation. I just bought a Pearl off of Ebay. And when I'm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl Brightness

Advertisement

Ok here's my situation. I just bought a Pearl off of Ebay. And when I'm using my Pearl, about every 30 seconds the brightness on the phone's screen looks like it goes from 100% brightness to about 80% brightness, and it just keeps changing. I don't know if something is timed on my phone for it to change brightness quality or what. Is this normal? Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
    Rosalyn.

hurricane_06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its the autodim feature and depending on the light in the room it changes the "dimness" on the screen. and depending on which OS you have you may not be able to turn that off

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    yeah it is light sensitive so it can change depending on where you are. Also go to options>screen/keyboard and check if you have autodim set (this depends on your os because the newer os disables this function)

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane_06
    Its the autodim feature and depending on the light in the room it changes the "dimness" on the screen. and depending on which OS you have you may not be able to turn that off
    Ahh ok! That makes sense! Thanks for your help. If I can turn this off do you have any idea how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    yeah it is light sensitive so it can change depending on where you are. Also go to options>screen/keyboard and check if you have autodim set (this depends on your os because the newer os disables this function)
    Thanks! You answered both my questions. I don't see the option "Auto Dim" though. But I'm just glad I know there's nothing wrong with the screen now.

hurricane_06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This should help you out

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by rozzy9
    Thanks! You answered both my questions. I don't see the option "Auto Dim" though. But I'm just glad I know there's nothing wrong with the screen now.

no prob and it does look like you have the new os so it wont show up as an option..Let us know if you need anymore help

no prob and it does look like you have the new os so it wont show up as an option..Let us know if you need anymore help
    Last question... I promise. Does this mean when it's dark in the room the screen will lighten up and when it's light in the room the screen will darken? And I have no way of changing it so the screen stays the same brightness 24/7??

Thanks for everything!

PIN/ID
    yes it does. yeah thats suppose to be an upgrade (that depends on who you ask). If it really bothers you, you can downgrade the os which allows you to change the auto-dim function so it will stay on 24/7. If you want to downgrade let me know i'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Dont worry about asking questions thats what pinstack is for. We were all in your shoes at some point and we are all learning on a contnuing basis.

yes it does. yeah thats suppose to be an upgrade (that depends on who you ask). If it really bothers you, you can downgrade the os which allows you to change the auto-dim function so it will stay on 24/7. If you want to downgrade let me know i'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Dont worry about asking questions thats what pinstack is for. We were all in you shoes at some point and we are all learning on a contnuing basis.
    Ahh I see. I'll just stay with the "upgrade" then. Thanks for all your help though! It really got rid of my worries. This is my first Blackberry ever, and it's all so overwhelming haha.

PIN/ID
    no prob happy to help

PIN/ID
    one more thing without the auto-dim feature the level of brightness in the dark isnt gonna be all that great thats one thing why I didnt like the upgrade but just use it and see if you like it, matter of fact turn off the lights now and check it out, lol

ray415 no está en línea Stack level 1

help please

husain1, i'd tried to PM you on directions for downgrading to OS .42, but i can't cause i don't have enough posts.

one more thing without the auto-dim feature the level of brightness in the dark isnt gonna be all that great thats one thing why I didnt like the upgrade but just use it and see if you like it, matter of fact turn off the lights now and check it out, lol
    Ahh ok. I just turned all my lights out and the brightness on the screen got pretty dark. I'm totally not used to my screen being so senstive, it's kinda funny though. Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    hey thanks but it was rozzy9 who needed the help. Im on an 8700g so its a totally diff os but I think rozzy9 is happy with the new one. Thanks though

sorry where was my brain I totally misread your posts, Im looking for the os as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast