Hi all I have been using my Pearl with my Audi handsfree kit (bluetooth connection) ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl - Bluetooth Car Kit Issues

Advertisement

Hi all

I have been using my Pearl with my Audi handsfree kit (bluetooth connection) for almost a year with no problems whatsoever. But about 2 weeks ago I noticed that the Pearl's phone book is only partially available using the car kit (the car's on screen display, not the Pearl's) as it only lists names from A to H - this has never happened before. Other than this everything works fine. I have tried resetting all the car's bluetooth setting to defaults, deleting pairings and connections etc, removing device connections etc from the Pearl and reconnecting from scratch but all to no avail. Any ideas out there? many thanks!

hellyou_711 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl - Bluetooth Car Kit Issues

Hi , i have recently purchase a blackberry curve from ebay ( locked to vodafone).After having the
    device unlocked , i have now come across another challenge how to setup email .Basically i am curently commited to a orange contract and have discovered something called pin / imei which is still locked to vodafone . Any ideas how to release this.All suggestions appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by hellyou_711
    Hi , i have recently purchase a blackberry curve from ebay ( locked to vodafone).After having the
    device unlocked , i have now come across another challenge how to setup email .Basically i am curently commited to a orange contract and have discovered something called pin / imei which is still locked to vodafone . Any ideas how to release this.All suggestions appreciated
    Hi - I take it that your Orange SIM works OK in the Curve? If not, then it's not unlocked (obviously ). Is this happening on the Orange BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) site when setting up your email? I had this issue initially with a TMobile Pearl I got for my wife but was eventually able to do it via the Vodafone BIS site with no problems, even though she is using an Orange account. It might even be that it takes a while for the unlocked IMEI number to filter through the Blackberry servers and sites (all the operator sites atre actually hosted by RIM). Also, have you subscribed to Orange's Blackberry service? You need a Blackberry data plan from them and assigned to your SIM. That may also solve the 'locked' problem with BIS, if this is the problem. If you have to contact Orange for help with any of this - good luck! It took me a lot of arguing as at that stage they did not sell Pearls and would not support it. Eventually I got there, but it took A LOT of time on hold, arguing etc etc. Let me know how you get on.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I also have a Pearl and am using it with the Audi handsfree kit... I assume you are talking about scrolling through the phonebook using the steering wheel? I don't have the NAV so the only screen I have is the one inbetween the tach and speedometer.

It sounds like you have too many entries in your phone book... Have you recently added contacts to the BB?

I have a few suggestions as to the best setup (or at least what is working best for me!)
    First, see if transferring your address book helps... when you are in your car and connected to it go to the "Set Up Bluetooth" icon on the BB... Scroll down to "Audi UHV xxxx" hit the menu button and hit "transfer address book" and that should do it!

If you are still not getting all of your names to display its because you have too many names in your address book and it is only showing the first set which in your case is A-H... So I have another suggestion for you which is what I do cause in my case I have tons of contacts in my outlook (which inherantly is also in my blackberry) but over 95% of them I do not call on a regular basis... so what I have done is put my contacts into another category called "bluetooth" that I have put everyone I would ever want to call into. (The easiest way to do this is through Outlook by highlighting all of them then right-clicking and adding them to a category). Then go back to the Setup Bluetooth icon on the BB... Hit Menu, then Options... scroll down to Address book transfer and switch it to "Selected Categories Only" then select which categories you want to sync with the car. I found this highly usefull cause you are only scrolling through names you would want to call when you are in your car and not everyone!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

RR

Hi and thanks for this. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I do already have a 'Blackberry' category for similar reasons but noticed that the Audi kit picks up all my Outlook contacts anyway, and didn't know you could filter contacts using the address book transfer thing. Good to know and many thanks again! G