I have a Pearl... that whenever I am driving automotically connects to my Car's bluetooth ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl Bluetooth & TomTom Traffic / Google Maps?

Advertisement

I have a Pearl... that whenever I am driving automotically connects to my Car's bluetooth (which it should!) however whenever I open Google Maps it disconnects cause it tries to connect to a bluetooth GPS reciever and continuously switches back and forth between the two devices...

My first question is it because the bluetooth the pearl has can only accomodate one device or b/c of the the type of bluetooth connection need for both devices?

Also, if I get one of these TomTom navigation systems that has traffic updates via bluetooth through your cell's data plan will the same problem occur?

Any advice will help!!

Thanks!!

Rob

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Pearl Bluetooth & TomTom Traffic / Google Maps?

any luck?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cubanitoloko23 no está en línea Stack level 1

the problem is that the bluetooth on the pearl only accomodates 1 bluetooh connection at the time, there fore the connection switching between one and the other

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cubanitoloko23
    the problem is that the bluetooth on the pearl only accomodates 1 bluetooh connection at the time, there fore the connection switching between one and the other
    Is this also the case with the Curve or can it accomodate 2 devices?

Thanks!
    RR

katachi no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, I was wondering about this myself. I'm thinking of getting the Telenav GPS reciever for the Pearl, but I'd like to have the bluetooth connected to either a Jawbone or Bluetooth car kit while in the car. What kind of wired headset is available for the Pearl? Is there a USB mic for cel phones?

I"m thinking of tying the Pearl Audio into the car speakers by mounting the external wired mic like you normally would in a hands free phone car kit, but then cut off the earbuds/headpones, and wire them to a series of relays and a switch wired up to RCA connectors on Y adaptors going into my 4 channel audio amp. This way, the audio would automatically be sent to my car speakers, I'd speak into the mic, and I'd keep your Bluetooth GPS connection.

Unfortunately, I'd lose GPS if I wanted to use the Jawbone

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I've used my bluetooth gps receiver and bluetooth headset at the same time....it's nice cause I could hear the voice guided directions through the headset while still having the radio on in my car at a decent volume...

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

the pearl i bought came with a wired mic and earpiece...just go to a t-mo store and i'm sure they have a bunch of them lying around