Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I found a good 2.5 to 3.5 headphone adaptor on sedioonline.com part# ADABB100M35FST (16 of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl as MP3 Player on Airplanes

Advertisement

I found a good 2.5 to 3.5 headphone adaptor on sedioonline.com

part# ADABB100M35FST (16 of your dollars), It has a built in answer button and mike so you can use standard 3.5mm jack headphones.

I use ultimateears.com headphones they are amazing!!

Gaz.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Gaz I see you said you use these ultimateears which model? Do they fit the pearl head jack?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

The ultimateears model I have is the super.fi 5EB. they are the real basey ones.

You still need to buy a jack adaptor( see previous post)

Gaz

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

hey gazar, with that short seidio adapter, it looks like the mic would be right next to your phone when it's plugged in... so does that mean you have to hold the phone up so you can speak into the mic, or does it pick up sound from far away, like down near your pocket? seems like if you have to hold the phone up near your mouth it kinda defeats the purpose of having a mic.

beeballman no está en línea Stack level 2

I picked up a pair of Jabra ear phones at Best Buy for 29 bucks, they work great. Just make sure you get a set with 2.5mm plug. Mine came with a 2.5 mm plug and then an adapter for 3.5 mm plug. It is usally the other way around. I asked at Best Buy and they pointed me in the right direction.

strapp44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah i Bought a pair a Shure EC-3 ($200) Noise cancelling Earbuds. Amazing sound and fantastic noise cancelation. On a plane they are great, you dont hear anything but music.

I bought the high quality gold plated 2.5 to 3.5 microphone adapter from Seidio and the phone is pretty much my Video iPod. its great too when your listening to music and you get a call, the music is automaticly paused, you press the button on the mic and start talking, when your done and you or the other person hangs up, the music starts again. no need to remove the earbuds (which is real pain)

My only complaint would be the Earbuds lack deep Bass response and the Pearl needs to have a more sensitive volume control. Its either too loud or too quiet. Also the mic is too close to the phone and you have to hold the mic away from the phone otherwise you get this bizzarre static thats very noticeable on both ends.

Thats how i roll

strapp44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Also, did anyone see the Mythbusters when they showed how certain GSM signals DO interfere with aircraft sensors? pretty serious stuff.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

yeah it was on last night, except some do interfere, but most planes are completely shielded and dont become affected. it's basically a "better safe than sorry" federal law.

lupin3rd no está en línea Stack level 1

I use the Seido short adapter w/ my Pearl and my Etymotics ER-6 earbuds. The isolation is nice cuz then you can lower the volume to about 2 bars to conserve on battery life and it is still plenty loud for commutes. Just dont turn it up too loud or you'll end up damaging your ears in no time =P

Oh and yea, just turn off the phone radio. The only sucky thing when using your own earbuds is the length of wire. I guess I have to just deal with the tangles for now.

bb-pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

the volume is really low tho

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

i've never had a problem "getting it loud enough" when playing music. it's plenty loud at 50% volume.

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a note...

Don't just "put it in your pocket and don't tell anyone". GSM signals really CAN disrupt navigational equipment. Your BB has the feature built in to be safe on airplanes, there is no excuse not to use it.

Just view your application icons, find the little radio tower labeled "Turn Wireless Off" and hit it. It will shut down data and GSM features (which wouldn't work on the plane anyway). Your battery will last longer, too!

I flew on Frontier the other day, and the announcement every time said, "Cell phones must remain turned off for the duration of the flight. If your smartphone or PDA has an airplane or game mode, please activate it now." They know about blackberries and their airplane mode, so you shouldn't be hassled if you actually bother to turn off the wireless mode.

peace,
    sam

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    Unless your headphones have a jack thats already that size yes you will need an adapter. The one from RadioShack/The Source will not work. If you do a search on here you will turn up links to purchase those adapters cheaply.

Bill
    The Radishack adapter costs $3 and works great. I have been using my regular headphones with that adapter for a while and have had no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12