Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i'm sorry somone probably posted this up already but i have the directions for the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

FusionTactik no está en línea Stack level 2

pearl as a modem??

Advertisement

i'm sorry somone probably posted this up already but i have the directions for the 8700 bookmarked. do i use the same directions for that or is it different for the 8100. i'd like to use my t-mo pearl as a modem for my laptop, because i have the unlimited data plan. why not use it to the full extent right?

nevermind i saw a different thread for the modem settings for the 8700 and it said it works....sorry for repeated annoying questions like this.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hi FusionTactik,

I believe the same will work?

edit* no problem at all enjoy.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    If that doesnt work you might want to try this.

1. Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager
    2. Find "PORTS COM & LPT" Look for "COM" under "RIM" Usually 6 and 7 make sure you remember that now do this.
    3. Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Create a Connection
    4. Leave the option to "Dial-Up" > Next > Check the right "COM" for the Rim the one you wrote down
    5. Put some for the company name and for the number use *99# and hit finish.

U should now be able to try connecting with your phone plugged in (don’t worry about the user name or password)

That’s how I did it, hope it helps...

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2
    Best program I have tested yet.... SharkModem. www.mobishark.com

SharkModem will allow you to connect your Pearl or any BB to your PC via Bluetooth (wireless) and/or USB and use it as a modem for your PC. Wireless to Wireless to Wireless.

I hate to advertise for a product based solution, but this works flawlessly. All other manual methods will only work with USB cable and limited to the speed of the USB port speed of 115KB or there about.

Fantastic product, but pricey $44. Works great though! Easy to use, easy to setup, no fiddling......

ALSO, DOES NOT REQUIRE THE TETHERING SERVICE OPTION. SharkModem utilizes the standard data plan from the service provider. If you are a Cingular user and need to do this with the USB cable, you must add the BB Tethering plan to your account to activate the function. With SharkModem, it bypasses the service option plan and uses the standard EDGE/GPRS data plan.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Pearl doesnt need any external software like that to work.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Pearl doesn't but the non 81xx does. I thought the question was stated for an 8700, my bad. I restored all of my apps from the 8700 to the 8100 cleanly incl. Shark.

skimmilk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does the pearl's wifi go through EDGE/GRPS data or does it need tethering? Does that ridiculous tethering monthly fee cover the software usage for USB tethering?

i need help. i did everything step by step....and i get error 633 the modem( or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured right. i did everything step by step and even put +cgdcont=1,,"wap.voicestream.com" for advanced and queried the modem..it showed up blackberry. anyone else had this error?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FusionTactik
    i need help. i did everything step by step....and i get error 633 the modem( or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured right. i did everything step by step and even put +cgdcont=1,,"wap.voicestream.com" for advanced and queried the modem..it showed up blackberry. anyone else had this error?
    Have you restarted you computer since you set it up sometimes I have that problem.

BB Desktop Manager is running right?

yes my dm is running...ok, now were making progress..cuz it started to register my computer..then a different error came up - error 720 registering your computer on network....a connection to the remote computer could not be established...and then that dissapeared because i just let it redial a bunch of times and it brought up a another window saying all devices connected- error 50 the request is not supported. it no longer gives me the error 720..only the error 50. any ideas?

btw..the restarting computer helped from my first problem

ha ha hey dfc..i was looking at our post one on top of the other and that s&^% made me laugh cuz you got the mouse with cats beware and here i am wit a cat with a machine gun. lol

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FusionTactik
    ha ha hey dfc..i was looking at our post one on top of the other and that s&^% made me laugh cuz you got the mouse with cats beware and here i am wit a cat with a machine gun. lol
    Ha Ha yeah lol I didnt notice that until you pointed that out

I have had some problems with setting up the modem before and the way I would fix them is this.

Delete everything about the connection.

Do a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager (Uninstall it from Add/remove programs on your PC), then restart your computer.

And then reinstall desktop manager and follow again the instructions for setting it up.

I know this seems like a hassle but I have had to do this twice before and for some reason it works.

If this doesnt work maybe I can help you out tommorrow Through BB messenger.

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I used my pearl as a modem 4 the first time last night, it is even faster than my 8700g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast