hi i have two blackberry pearls and the problem i have is when i read ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

busta121 no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl and pop3 unread emails on microsoft outlook

Advertisement

hi
    i have two blackberry pearls and the problem i have is when i read a email on the blackberry it comes in Microsoft outlook as read is there any way of setting it so the email comes in to outlook as unread even tho it has been read on blackberry pearl

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Thumbs up Re: pearl and pop3 unread emails on microsoft outlook

busta121,

It sounds like one of your BBs is on a BES. Reading your mail on the BB and then having it read in Outlook is one of the features of the BES.

I'm not sure why you'd want it to still be unread. But if you do, then once you have read the mail on the BB just mark it as unread and it'll be unread in Outlook.

Another thing that you could do is to ask your BES admin to change the reconcile value to something larger , say every two hours, so that the BES and your BB on ly reconcile every two hours , that way if you read the message on your BB then if you open Outlook within two hours then the mail will still appear unread.

The only drawback for this is that this will be the same for all of the users on your BES, and they might want their mails unread when they have checked their mail on their BB.

May I also ask why you have two BB Pearls?

Regards,
    Sp@d3r

busta121 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: pearl and pop3 unread emails on microsoft outlook

i have tyred that and it dose not work. i forgot to say i look after 2 blackberry pearls here. i'm not that import that i need 2 pearls. lol. i know on older blackberrys you used to be able to set it so you can read a email on the blackberry and when you go in to outlook it comes in as unread