Hi, I am fairly new to the boards but it seems like you guys are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ablazanglory no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl and Plantronics Voyager 510

Advertisement

Hi, I am fairly new to the boards but it seems like you guys are very helpful with various Blackberry issues and whatnot. I recently purchased a Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth headset for my Pearl, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could set up my Pearl to have the ringtone play through my headset whenever somebody calls as opposed to having the sound propagate from the phone's speaker. Any help is greatly appreciated!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Pearl and Plantronics Voyager 510

Welcome to Pinstack!

I don't believe there is a way to get the assigned ringtone to play through the headset.

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Nope, can't happen. I've got a Jawbone and I'm happy just to be able to listen to music thru it. Besides, even tho my ringtone plays via the BB speaker, my headset hits me with a tone to let me know someone's calling. Does your 510 do that?

ablazanglory no está en línea Stack level 1

yes, my 510 does having a ringing notification, so I am good there; I was just wondering if there was a way that the ringtone could play through the headset. Perhaps it has to do with which version of bluetooth it uses and whether or not it's a stereo set? Well, anyways, thank you guys for your help!